For this reputable financial services firm we are looking Project Manager with strong Data Warehouse and Reporting Workstream. Ideally someone who planned and executed migration of Data Warehouse components to Azure Data Warehouse.
In support of client's growth agenda, the Corporate Functions team within the organisation are embarking on a global programme to optimise their processes and supporting technology. A component of this program is in Finance where an external firm has been engaged to produce a high level solution and we need to test the validity of this high level solution and plan for its implementation and roll out.
The solution for Finance comprises a new Chart of Accounts and standardised processes for P2P, R2R and O2C which will be supported by new technology taking advantage of the cloud architecture where appropriate. In addition there will be a build out of the organisat ion's Data Warehouse to support Finance's reporting requirements.
We are looking for a project manager to join our Corporate IT team and work in the Finance programme. The project manager will be responsible for the planning, control, report ing and delivery of the solution for the warehouse & reporting workstream.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Work with the Finance function and implementation partners to plan the activities and define the deliverables for the DW/Reporting workstream.
• Manage and drive the successful delivery of the workstream to plan on a daily basis
• Track, control and report progress against plans including management of RAID logs
• Identification and mitigation of risks, including skill gaps within the team with appropriate remediation due to the introduction of new technology to the company
• Support the management of communication to stakeholders
• Ensure alignment to the organisation's quality standards and methodologies
• Ensure adherence to Compliance Policies including reporting General and Technical skills
• Successful track record in delivery of Data Warehouse project
• PMP or equivalent certification AND Scrum Master certification
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
• Comfortable with data modeling concepts and and translating these into work packages to be used by delivery teams
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, combined with ability to derive and implement required tactical measures
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Knowlegde of Microsoft Azure products would be an advantage