IT Project Manager - Infrastructure/Applications
MS Amlin is part of a global top-10 insurance group MS&AD. MS Amlin Business Services (ABS) is a global organisation covering Legal, HR, Facilities management, Marketing, IT, Risk management, Compliance, Finance, Investments, Actuarial, BMI underwriting, Procurement, Claims and Outward insurance. Our job is to build the best Business Service capability possible, by ensuring our experts have the tools and support they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
ABS has a portfolio of projects to deliver across infrastructure, application maintenance and change as well as cyber security initiatives. The ABS delivery team is measured on the delivery of its projects to time, cost and quality. This role will be responsible for the IT delivery, management and oversight of one or more projects in the ABS project portfolio. This includes the full end-end management of scoping initiatives and taking technical deliverables through execution and handover to service.
- Track record of delivering IT projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment, specifically that required to support multiple business projects
- Experience of successfully engaging management and groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of contracting and managing 3rd parties in delivery
- Experience in the delivery of Infrastructure and/or Security projects via a predominant waterfall methodology, including demonstrable experience of implementing technical changes through the route to Production or experience in the delivery of software development projects via SDLC / Agile / Waterfall methodologies
- Experience of successfully managing the delivery of multiple projects
- Working knowledge of Programme Management, e.g. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Prince2 and agile project management tools and methodologies (waterfall and agile)
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management and facilitation
- Experience of working in a commercial delivery environment i.e. a services company
- Insurance knowledge is desirable, but not required
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.