IT Security Officer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Jul 18 2018-07-10
Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management and we are currently seeking an IT Security Officer to join our IT team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate with a proven background in developing and maintaining IT Security standards and controls to ensure compliance with best developing sector practice and the cyber security threat landscape.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- To collaborate with IT management to develop and maintain IT security and continuity policies, standards and controls in accordance with Office standards and industry best practice.
- Ensure the Office security posture is compliant with sector best practice
- Work with senior stakeholders in designing and developing IT security and continuity policies.
- To provide an independent layer of oversight and escalation for the performance of IT security provisions and procedures.
- To contribute fully to strategic planning for IT security.
- Provide the role of security administrator for designated domains managing user access profiles, security admin operating procedures, and system security controls.
- Monitor the implementation of hardware and software changes and enhancements to ensure that security not breached and, as appropriate, ensuring that security implications are considered at Change Control Boards, systems design phase and during project delivery.
Successful candidates will have:
- A degree standard of education with a history of continual training throughout the career to date.
- CISSP Qualification or equivalent.
- At least 5 years directly relevant experience of managing IT security issues and the experience of developing and implementing an IT security policy, procedures and documentation
- Experience with Vulnerability Management including SIEM products
- Experience of ITIL based Change management processes
- Experience of structured problem solving and a highly motivated individual with a service driven attitude with strong technical aptitude and good inter-personal skills.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.