IT Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 19 Oct 18
IT Software Engineer
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Work directly with the Market Risk, Finance, traders and other downstream as part of a global IT team.
– Work on a platform that is sophisticated and demands a high calibre of developers that can operate both as an integral member of the team, as well as be self-directed for development execution.
– Work on a technical stack that includes Java 8 / Oracle / Sybase / Linux / Maven / Ant / Git / Teamcity / Scripting and is heavily based on OO Design principles.
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment.
– Be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team delivering in fortnightly cycles.
You will be working as part of a Global Equities Risk IT team in London
This is part of the global Equities Risk IT team that is spread across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. This team is responsible for building and supporting systems used by the Global Equity Derivatives business.
There are a number of applications in this area which are used on the trading floors in London, New York and Hong Kong. Your team delivers change and third line support on one or more of these systems which manage OTC and ETD trades and products.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?