I am working for one of the world’s leading independent, pure-play asset managers. They provide differentiated active investment solutions and products for institutions, financial intermediaries and private investors. My client is seeking a ThinkFolio IT Analyst who will be responsible for the administration, support and upgrade of the ThinkFolio system, working closely with IT staff in the Front, Middle, Back Office and Risk functions. We are looking for someone who is articulate, polished and driven to join a small but growing team with potential for career progression for the right individual.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support of EMS connectivity and workflows, Bloomberg EMSX, Bloomberg TSOX, MarketAxess, TradeWeb, FXConnect, FXAll and OTCX.
- Work with Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office, Risk/Quants and ThinkFolio to enhance business processes and develop appropriate controls and data extracts and work pro-actively with these areas of the business.
- Provide support to all of the different user communities of ThinkFolio in-house for all aspects from order entry and user creation through to creating shared views, benchmarks, new instruments, shared blotters and analytics; and assist users, such as fund managers and dealers, to view their positions and transactions as required and resolve any trade flow issues.
- Implement upgrades/patches to the ThinkFolio system; undertake regression testing for these changes and co-ordinate user testing of these changes.
- Develop, test and then implement changes to production ThinkFolio related processes for production issues.
- Undertake Business As Usual change type projects independently with appropriate project management methods and develop, test and implement these projects.
- Document procedures/processes and changes.
- Out of hours work will be required
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree educated individual with significant experience in Financial Services. Solid experience in Investment Management and/or Investment banking preferable.
- Extensive experience of ThinkFolio and associated EMS connectivity.
- Strong SQL Server Experience is desirable, as a minimum the successful candidate will be expected to be able to write queries using joins and unions and understand stored procedures.
- Front Office experience analysing existing business processes and deploying front office systems ideally with experience working on the investment floor supporting fixed income and equity desks.
- Knowledge of a range of asset classes including Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives.
- An engaging and flexible facilitator who is used to co-ordinating multiple requirements at the same time.
- A driven individual who is willing to accept responsibility and accountability for their work.
- A willingness to “partner” with business users.
- Responds efficiently and promptly to user enquiries, requests and concerns, in a courteous, helpful and approachable manner.
- Manages the users expectations, seeks to understand problems and takes own share of responsibility for resolving them.
- Works well with those of varying backgrounds and approaches, collaborating with and learning from others.
- Seeks to acquire and consistently demonstrates the range of skills and knowledge required for their job.
- Responsibly and independently manages work load and progress reporting.