IT Support Engineer
- Competitive salary/bonus and excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- DHI Group Inc
- 19 Sep 17
DHI Group, Inc. (NYSE: DHX) is a leading provider of data, insights and employment connections through our specialized services for professional communities including technology and security clearance, financial services, energy, healthcare and hospitality. Employers and recruiters use our websites and services to source and hire the most qualified professionals in select and highly-skilled occupations, while professionals use our websites and services to find the best employment opportunities in and the most timely news and information about their respective areas of expertise. Today, we serve multiple markets located throughout North America, Europe, Middle East and the Asia Pacific region.
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our team in Shoreditch, London. This role, reporting to the Manager IT Support, is part of a global team that provides a single point of contact for end users to receive technical support within the organization’s desktop computing environment. You will be responsible for coordinating triage, response, and routing of user requests that affect technology systems and associated business products. Tasks in this space include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all user hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance through user interaction that is in person, by telephone, or via email to provide end user assistance where required.
What you will do:
- Review, triage, troubleshoot, or reassign all new incidents and requests.
- Deploy, maintain, and inventory hardware, software, mobile devices, and desk phones.
- Diagnose and implement corrective action to restore system functionality to end users.
- Provide ongoing support of remote office locations, remote users, and traveling staff.
- Participate in or lead departmental projects at the direction of management.
- Travel periodically to alternate office locations or training meetings as required.
- Provide on-call support as required as part of a departmental support rotation.
- Other duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
What we’re looking for in an IT Support Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven troubleshooting and administration abilities in the technology space, including Windows 7 - 10 operating systems, Active Directory, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Office 2013 - O365, etc.
- Solid understanding of ITSM/ITIL concepts and delivery.
- Capable of working with a diversity of international offices and colleagues in a “follow the sun” support delivery model. Intrinsically motivated to meet business and individual objectives without constant supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (frequently, unambiguously, and professionally) with customers of DHI systems.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skill sets.
- Ability to listen actively by summarizing, asking clarifying questions, and interpreting.
- Ability to work in a demanding technology environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary and annual bonus, we offer:
- Group Pension scheme
- Group Life insurance
- Private health coverage and half price Virgin Active gym membership/gym membership contribution
- 25 days of annual leave per year; summer hours
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket loans
- A great office (complete with X Box, ping pong, table football, Yoga classes and Friday beer fridge) in the heart of Shoreditch