Implementation Consulting Assoc Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 16 Dec 18
Implementation Consulting Assoc Director
A Markit EDM Implementation consulting associate director / director is a high value independent professional who is the project initiator and manager for EDM implementations. The Implementation Consulting lead will be required to cover a number of client sites in EMEA at the same time which will require a flexible approach to travel and time management. This makes the role more challenging and engaging as long periods at a single client site is not the norm. The role also requires the candidate to have an in-depth understanding and appreciation of financial markets.
The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisational / coordination skills, and strong analysis skills. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a good understanding of product development lifecycle. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast paced environment, be flexible to adapt to changes and adept at undertaking several roles simultaneously - business analysis, project management, client management, and leadership of implementation consulting.
The role includes overseeing and managing a number of consultants on these sites in terms of planning, work and deliverables plus enforcing client deadlines and best practices. The candidate will also work closely with various stakeholders including End Users, Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts, Programme Managers and other Business Leaders to deliver successful implementation projects.
Exposure to a wide array of the world's leading financial organisations is assured.
- Takes the lead in all aspects of implementation at a client's site.
- Visits client sites and has detailed working knowledge of how Markit EDM products are supporting their business.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the business industry and associated technologies.
- Make recommendations for implementation of new systems and technologies where appropriate.
- Provides consultancy to clients for business improvements. Investigates and documents existing procedures. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer.
- Trains/mentors/coaches less experienced analysts and consultants.
- Analyses and reviews new system functions and use of information in developing general specifications.
- Supports and contributes to EDM best practices from project and product experience gained.
- May develop and document functional specifications to define detail input and output, file content, systems functions, system controls and performance criteria.
- Supports Management in strategic developments across the industry with particular reference to existing products.
- Provides consulting services to customers including identifying needs, developing, influencing, documenting and implementing proposals.
- Recognises opportunities for further sales potential. Has ability to influence during discussions on proposed actions. Has excellent commercial awareness to determine viability of proposals.
- May act as a resource to assist project team in the Development and/or Testing process.
- Together with Project Manager establishes cost and time estimates for implementation.
- May provide business requirements specifications on which to base development work upon. Communicates with clients throughout the implementation project life cycle.
- Supports the Project Manager on all business aspects and issues throughout the Implementation project life cycle.
- May work as a project/team leader on projects.
- Interacts with clients and keeps appropriate management abreast of project issues.
- Capable of quality testing the project deliverables ensuring they are in line with documented requirements
- Leads business handover meetings to ensure Markit EDM Support have a thorough understanding of the implementation.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Education and experience
- Candidates should be university degree level educated or equivalent and have a proven track record of software implementation experience gained ideally in global financial markets.
- Strong analytical skills with extensive project management and client senior stakeholder management as vendor
- Proven track record of software implementation experience in a business analysis and project management capacity ideally gained across buy-side and sell-side environments.
- Practical experience of delivering Agile based projects.
- Practical experience of integration projects and Market / Master Data Management.
- Strong technical experience with database practises and querying language, particularly in SQL Server.
- Strong business acumen is essential.
Software Knowledge Knowledge of one or more of the following systems is advantageous.
- Markit EDM
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft C# and .NET technologies
- Ability to prioritise activities by managing a constantly evolving plan measured against client requirements.
- Experience in leading and coaching a team of talented individuals, focusing on their strengths and business needs to achieve high performance and desired outcomes.
Personal Competencies Personal Impact
- A natural, consultative style is essential to build client relationships and meet the evolving demands of a wide and diverse client base.
- An ability to understand clients' business requirements through an on-going consultative engagement and map these into a set of objectives for the implementation of Markit EDM.
- An ability to help a client deliver a testing strategy and steer a project towards go live.
- Strong communication skills required to present various levels from COO to developer, discussing strategic objectives and delivering solutions across a wide array of requirements.
- An ability to have the tougher conversations sometimes required to keep a project on track.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Team Player and able to interact with Sales, product, operations and technical teams in a professional manner.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.