Implementation Lead, Desktop EngineeringABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.Must have the right to work in the UK
ABOUT THE ROLE
The mission of the IT team is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business and their clients work smarter and more efficiently. The IT team has grown significantly over the last year in terms of numbers of people, systems supported and projects to deliver. Technology is seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business.
We'll love you if:
- You enjoy reading a good Gantt chart
- You create documentation because you enjoy it!
- You were the kind of kid who organised their Lego collection into size and colour
- You relish seeing an implementation through into operational production
- You're passionate about governance & processes
- Procedural documentation excites you
- HOW is just as important as WHAT you do
- Timelines and requirements change, you are agile enough to facilitate that change
- • You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- Ensuring governance processes are adhered to
- Being one of the go-to people for implementation knowledge
- Having passion about governance and process and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- Imparting knowledge to the teams supporting your implementations
- Implementation of projects in accordance with the project scope
- Defining implementation resource requirements
- Managing multiple implementations simultaneously
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to improve delivery & communication
- Define, schedule and quantify implementation tasks & milestones
- Monitor & report on implementation progress
- Process and procedure creation & implementation experience
- Documentation creation experience
- Good knowledge of project methodologies
- Good understanding of project implementation processes
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.