Implementation Manager, Assistant Manager, Internal Services, Cardiff
Implementing new solutions.
Everyone knows technology is the fastest changing industry in the world. We're shaping our IT landscape by transforming how we deliver our IT change projects, and we need you to join us.
You'll build collaborative relationships in a team that brings together extremely talented individuals who have enjoyed long careers at Deloitte and many new people like you. Join them at this exciting time and you will be enjoying the kind of professional development where you can explore your potential.
As an Implementation Manager within the internal IT department at Deloitte, no two projects will be the same. You will be persistent, analytical and flexible in your approach to delivering high-quality IT projects to Deloitte Partners and staff.
You will be entrusted to implement IT solutions, knowing that your manager will provide guidance and reassurance through regular catch-ups and support
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Working for a project manager the Implementation Managers (IMs) works within a project team leading the technical delivery of the IT infrastructure of a project. IMs have a key role interfacing between the project and IT Operations function. IMs are typically responsible for delivering between 1 and 4 projects concurrently.
IMs report to the appropriate Project Manager for operational delivery related matters and will be managed by the Transition Readiness and Implementation Management (TRIM) team lead.
The Implementation Manager will have responsibility for working with Project Managers, Infosec, Deloitte Business Security, Solution Architects, internal and 3rd party teams to deliver IT and infrastructure projects by:
Implementing the detailed design created by the Solution Architect ensuring the solutions meet the business objectives of the project whilst conforming to Deloitte standards and industry best practice
Your work, your choice
- Implementing the detailed design created by the Solution Architect ensuring the solutions meet the business objectives of the project whilst conforming to Deloitte standards and industry best practice
- Managing the creation of comprehensive and high quality documentation
- Supporting the Transition Readiness and Service Transition teams to ensure the acceptance of the solution into the live environment by the owning operational team
- Supporting where appropriate the Project Manager create the business case
- Supporting Project Managers in identifying and managing risks and issues
- Support Project Managers in the creation and updating of the project plan
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Permanent/Full Time Your professional experience
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Strong knowledge of Windows architecture, deployment considerations and structured infrastructure methodologies
- Good understanding of core network technologies
- Implementing solutions based on low level designs
- Experience of documenting and handing over solutions to operational teams
- Experience of working with industry standard project management methodologies
- Experience of working within ITIL environments
- Managing 3rd party and internal resources to deliver projects
- Experience of communicating complex solutions to non-technical project stakeholders
Your service line: Internal Services
- Proven understanding of change management processes in a fully change managed environment (ITIL)
- Previous experience of deploying and managing a variety of security products
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience of working to changing deadlines
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176402