Implementation Managing Consultant - Agile Expert
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 18 Apr 19
Implementation Managing Consultant - Agile Expert
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
PA is looking to recruit a Managing Consultant (MC) who will help to grow PA's Agile consulting business. The Managing Consultant's home service will be the Implementation Service. This business is responsible for complex programme delivery, programme assurance, programme turnaround, improving implementation performance, portfolio management and providing proactive PMO services for PA's clients.
The Implementation Service is a highly collaborative, energetic team with focus on the most difficult and challenging transformation programmes. The Managing Consultant will also work closely with other Agile-focused teams within PA to ensure a joined-up approach and provide Implementation's interface into the existing Agile Transformation team that sits within the IT Transformation Service.
IT Transformation have developed PA's transformation approach that combines PA's world
class capabilities in Agile, Change Management, Cultural Change and Business Architecture. Some of our points of distinction include the following:
• We are outperforming our competitors and have a strong reputation for delivering genuine business agility to large-scale clients, including delivering some of the biggest and most complex programs in an Agile way
• We are at the leading edge of helping transform client organisations to deliver in Agile way - to deliver quickly, effectively and to transform more rapidly
• The team has grown exponentially from 0 to £30m in the last 5 years with plans to achieve c£100m in the next 2-3 years
• Contribute to the strategic objectives of the Implementation Service and bring a strong portfolio of client opportunities
• Deliver an Agile go-to-market strategy and value proposition for the Implementation Service that will impact key target organisations
• Lead sales and operations activities for client organisations with a primary focus on the development and creation of new client opportunities across industries
• Act as Agile Coach to key client accounts & drive new business development opportunities for the team
• Develop sales opportunities and deliver the full suite of PA capabilities through internal collaboration and partnerships. You will create opportunities for increased revenue generation in adjacent service lines and sectors
• Lead, Manage and Develop Agile transformation and deliveries across entire client organisations, portfolios, large programmes or individual projects. With a progressive viewpoint on Agile as being a culture and a mind-set that centres on people
• Contribute to the leadership, strategy, growth and development of both the pan-PA Agile proposition and the Agile capabilities of the Implementation Service, both in the UK and globally
• Acts and is perceived as a "go to" authority in Agile across the firm, specifically in the fields of delivery, transformation and business change
• Deliver leadership coaching for the most senior leaders in global enterprises on Agile transformation leadership, Agile organisational leadership and embedding an Agile culture
• Develop and own internal Agile training curriculum
What we're looking for
• You will be an adept business developer who will have the ability to create their own brand. It is expected that this individual will have a track record of winning multi-million bid pursuits, generating up to £1m revenues per annum
• A recognized and leading Agile practitioner who is steeped in the Agile methodology, ideally with experience of the Scaled Agile Framework and other scaled Agile approaches, with the practical knowledge of how to deliver these within complex environments
• Ideally you will be highly experienced in delivering the following types of projects:
o Digital transformation
o Governance of change programmes
o Overseeing architectural design and development
o Agile transformations
o Leading large technical workstreams including managing offshore resources
o Programme benefits realisation
o Large, transformational change programmes
• A dynamic, senior leader with experience of delivering successful, global programmes and transformations, including through innovative technical teams
• Experience in championing initiatives to define, expand and implement Agile and expertise in all vertical markets
• Broad exposure to current technologies and processes which support complex business solutions
• Extensive international and consulting background across all levels within an organisation
• Government and Financial Services sector experience would be beneficial though not mandatory
This hire is a pivotal one for PA. The individual will be visible at the highest levels of the organisation and will have an excellent platform to build on. As a result, it is imperative that you demonstrate the following qualities:
• Dynamic, effective and high impact with an ability to get to the heart of issues rapidly and exhaustively
• Perceived by clients and colleagues to have stature and presence
• Self-motivated, results-focused and thrives in an organisation which provides clear accountability
• Highly entrepreneurial, taking responsibility for making things happen.
• Open straightforward and collaborative style. Clear, articulate and persuasive communicator
• High social competencies, convincing in negotiation and in resolving complex situations
• Comfortable operating at all senior management levels up to board level and highly credible in the contribution that you make
About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.