Index Investment Strategy
: Index Investment Strategy Grade:
13 (relevant to internal only) Location:
We are seeking applicants for the role of Director, Index Investment Strategy to be based in the London office of S&P Dow Jones Indices. Your role is to improve understanding and awareness of the design, and mechanics and potential benefits of our indices across applications within investing, trading and benchmarking. While Europe is a priority, you will support the global index business and there may be opportunities for international travel - circumstances permitting.
You will support a market-leading range of indices: including world-famous benchmarks like the S&P 500® and the VIX®, as well as a truly global range covering all major asset classes and indicators. You have the potential to work on a wide range of investment topics, calibrated for a wide range of sophistication levels, from the basic case for passive investing to the effective use of factor and thematic indices in a portfolio context.
Activities span the development, delivery, and effective communication of actionable insights across a range of delivery formats. You will:
• use a scientific approach to analyze market, investment and index trends
• support the creation and maintenance of analytic and reporting tools
• take the lead on producing and delivering original research papers
• produce regular market commentary and analysis
• represent your work and the firm with clients and in public forums
• identifying and executing on relevant research topics,
• making regular contributions to ongoing commentary and analysis
• communicating your ideas simply and effectively across a range of channels. • collaborating with outward-facing S&P DJI teams
• engaging with licensees such as index-linked product providers and exchanges, users of index-linked products, and third parties such as media, academia and regulators
You will need to collaborate effectively with a team of five colleagues split between London and New York as well as have experience using Quantitative techniques to post & analyze data.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of experience, with the majority in financial services
- Ability to conduct original research in relevant investment topics
- Excellence in written and oral communication
- Collaborative, creative, and curious approach
- A postgraduate qualification and client facing experience are a plus
- Experience using quantitative techniques to process and analyze data
Outstanding applicants with less experience may be considered for a less-senior title.
The Index Investment Strategy Team provides research and commentary across the full range of S&P DJI products, with particular focus on the active-passive debate, factor indices, and index dynamics. Our thought leadership promotes our range of market and economic indices to a variety of financial market participants, providing actionable insights at a variety of sophistication levels and frequency, with the aim of growing our revenues, relationships and reputation.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities. S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com. S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259359 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom