- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 21 Jan 19
Information Management, Manager, London
Information Management, Manager, London
The Manager, EMEA, information Management, will be responsible for the effective operations of the regional record keeping and data protection requirements. This includes regulatory record keeping requirements under the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID2) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as delivery of global information management initiatives as prioritised by the Business. This role will include working with a broad stakeholder network across the business to manage the regulatory environment across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) as they relate to information management.
Based in the UK, this role forms part of the Central Information Management team. The reporting line for the role will be a matrix reporting line to both the EMEA regional management and the Central Information Management Team.
The EMEA region will manage day-to-day operational activity and identify regional needs relating to information management. The Central Information Management Team will address the group-wide initiatives as defined by the global steering committee.
The Manager, EMEA, Information Management, will be responsible for:
- Support and maintenance of the regional solutions employed for information management.
- Operational oversight in order to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained requirements.
- Stakeholder management within region across all businesses.
- Understanding regional regulatory needs.
- Benchmarking records and information management practices against industry.
- Lead the development and delivery of an information management capability as per project-based delivery.
- Providing subject matter expertise relating to MiFID2 and GDPR records management requirements.
- Developing policies, standards and procedures as per functional or regulatory requirements.
- Identifying and gathering business requirements and conducting business analysis to meet regulatory requirements
- Undertaking any broader information governance activity as prioritised by the Business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience in information governance, and records and information management from within the banking/financial services industry.
- Some exposure to and/or understanding of MiFID2 records management requirements.
- Sound understanding of data protection principles under the GDPR.
- Excellent communication skills to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Developed or assisted with development of complete, accurate, and unambiguous documentation relating to business and functional requirements, business processes; and project plans and documentation.
- Analytical skills including understanding how to interpret business needs and requirements and translate these into operational or application requirements.
- Ability to exercise initiative and be able to follow through on issues with minimal supervision.
- A level of comfort with and ability to work under a matrix reporting arrangement.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: 18 Dec 2018 GMT Standard Time