Information Sales Manager
- £45,000 to £55,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Nelson Scott LLP
- 05 Jun 18 2018-06-05
This Information Services Group is a global provider of news and business information products that are essential for decision-makers in politics and business. They have thousands of clients throughout the world, including leading media groups, state and government organizations, major banks, corporations, investment companies and funds. Sales Manager required to join our growing sales division within the Corporate Risk and Due Diligence team. Our products and services are currently used by many international companies, banks, government agencies, as well as compliance/risk/investigations/due diligence firms. We provide accurate data on company registration, ultimate beneficial ownership, directorship, court rulings and judgements,
It provides about 100 specialized information services. Its product range includes general and political news, financial and business credit information, industry analysis, market data, rating services and other business solutions for risk, compliance and credit management.
The Group has a global operational network, with over 1000 staff daily turning out over 3000 stories from more than 70 bureaus worldwide.
The role of the Sales Manager (SM) is to generate new customers (outside of Russia and CIS), to manage relationships with them and to expand our client base.
Client relationships are built and maintained via telephone, email and webex, with some face-to-face meetings. It is crucial for the candidate to have strong telephone conversation skills, particularly with regards to cold calling. This will greatly determine the success of the candidate in this role.
Desired Skills & Experience
· The ideal candidate should have 2-4 years experience working within risk and compliance areas, with an understanding of the potential business, financial and reputational risks and threats faced by companies and other structures.
· The SM must be proactive when it comes to looking for new business. They should have an understanding of how to use LinkedIn and other sources to generate leads.
· Experience in making cold calls to find new customers.
· Ability to arrange and make presentations in person and online.
· Strong negotiation and closing skills.
· Ability to meet set targets.
· Experience with using CRM (preferable, but not crucial). The SM will have to make sure that the CRM system is kept up to date with all relevant information, events and documents. CRM reports will be used to assess the work of the SM at the end of each week.
The SM must be able to represent the company at conferences, trade fairs and networking events, using them as opportunities to find new business.