Information Security Risk Manager - Contract
- £600 - £700 a day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- PSD London
- 02 Jul 18 2018-07-02
Our client a growing and exciting financial services company are currently in the market for an Information Security Risk Manager on a contract/interim basis. They operate across a number of business lines such as investments.
In this role you will provide the 2nd-line thought leadership on IT Risk, Cyber Risk and Digital Risk reporting to the Head of Risk. You will provide oversight of management of IS, IT Risk and Digital Risk associated control landscape. This includes, but is not limited to, oversight of: risk management processes and governance; embedding of the IT Risk Management Framework as part of the Operational Risk Framework; policy ownership and embedding.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- The Information Security Manager will liaise with IT Security and business areas to ensure that information security and data protection requirements are defined, understood and reflected within IT solutions;
- Manage and complete information risk and information security reviews, including due diligence of third parties;
- The Information Security Manager will develop, maintain and generate monthly reports for senior management and the Board; present at senior management forums and committees as required;
- Promote information security controls and process throughout the Group
- Identify and provide the Group with current information about information security and data protection regulatory issues with which it needs to comply
- The Information Security Manager will also identify, resolve and assist in management of security threats, vulnerabilities, non-compliances and risks, focussing on data leakage prevention
- Respond to security events and incidents (co-ordinate business unit response and remediation)
- Perform deep dives on data leakage, including root cause analysis of issues, proposing tactical and strategic solutions; and influencing key stakeholders to deliver necessary control enhancements.
- As information Security Manager you will support delivery of a programme of work to ensure compliance with the Group Cyber Information Management and Security posture across the local business, principally covering, information/data security.
- Provide information security advice and direction to projects and business initiatives as required. Ensure change initiatives incorporate information security requirements.
- Conduct testing to confirm and evidence that key controls are operating effectively
What we are looking for from the Information Security Manager
- IT/Information Security role as well as extensive knowledge of Information Security and Cyber risk and control frameworks
- Practical experience of implementing risk management improvements or performing oversight.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally, and have a strong track record of building positive relationships at a senior level and providing constructive support and challenge to Directors.
- The successful candidate must have strong technical background and experience of information security and of data leakage prevention.
- A strong understanding of different application and infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrable relationship/stakeholder management and negotiation skills