Infrastructure Delivery Manager
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of data centers. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team within Amazon Web Services and are looking for a proven technology manager (Networks) with experience in people management, robust technical understanding and the drive and vision to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level. The successful candidate for this role will create sustainable processes and standards; and drive automation opportunities to reduce delivery cycle times and to improve quality without impacting network availability.
The mission of the team is to deliver network capacity on time with zero rework. The Infrastructure Delivery Manager will manage the implementation and delivery of inbound capacity and equipment. This manager will be responsible for a growing a team and will oversee their development and growth. The successful candidate will have experience managing and mentoring people, tracking budgets, providing strategic direction and proposing technical solutions. This manager will ultimately be responsible for installing and delivering our network equipment and related infrastructures, as well as responsible for driving low voltage structured cabling across the Amazon data center platform.
Some high level responsibilities include:
• Manage the installation of the network and cabling infrastructure in a data center environment
• Project Manage and deliver, small, medium and large scale projects, on time and on budget.
• Manage team resources to support project delivery through change management processes, remote team maintenance windows in off hours, and respond to emergency critical issues.
• Manage AWS teams, contractor teams, and colocation teams to deliver projects
• Influence stakeholders and third party teams to ensure optimal project outcomes
• Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
• Guide, train and educate staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
• Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLA's
• Provide operational reports and project plans to local management, service owners and external stakeholders.
• Drive compliance to Amazon performance management requirements
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in data center technology or high tech environment, including management experience
• Experience with building physical data center infrastructure, such as, copper/fiber cabling, power distribution, data center racking and installation of network hardware
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, and experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies within a data center-based environment.
• TCP/IP networking knowledge
• In-depth hardware architecture knowledge and troubleshooting experience
• Excellent team, organizational and planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent data analysis and influencing skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 7+ years in a data center technology role and 3+ years in a management role
• In-depth knowledge of data center technology (Cabling, Power, Cooling, Hardware)
• Experience developing operational metrics
• Experience building high performing teams
• Experience presenting to senior management
• Experience in driving improvement programs
• Experience in agile management methodologies
• Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification
• Project Management qualification, Prince2 or PMP