Infrastructure Security Operations Senior Engineer, ITS Operations, ICS, London / Manchester
The ITS Operations function is accountable for the delivery of all internal technology infrastructure - including Email, Skype, File Services as well as platforms underpinning SAP, Enterprise (IT) Security Services across both the UK and Swiss firms. It also provides technology that supports the service lines in delivering client facing or client engagements as part of its Client IT services
The Infrastructure Security Operations Senior Engineer is responsible for the Infrastructure security operation services for Deloitte UK /CH /GIB. Acting as an escalation point for their relevant services and is a key contact for maintaining all Infrastructure Security operations services. This includes external Security vendors and internal managed services such as Global Technology Services (GTS) relationships. The Infrastructure Security Senior Engineer remit encompassed the core Infra Security Services such as FWs, Proxy, ATP and Varonis. The Infra Security Senior Engineer will manage the evaluation process for potential security risks relating to Change Control Processes ensuring a high level of technical security consultancy is provided to either the business areas or the technology division.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
- Assiting with looking for ways to improve processes and procedure to support infrastructure security services
- Assisting with Security technologies roadmap development in conjunction with CISO function, Deloitte Business Security and ITS Architecture team
- Stakeholder engagement and management
Your work, your choice
- Service SME for multiple SOC services
- Process improvement tracking and continual service improvement management
- Operational coordination of infrastructure security implementation and integration
- Contribute to the creation of technical working documents and procedures
- Share knowledge of new solutions with UK and Swiss Security Operations teams
- Incident Response & Management coordinator where required and assist with client audits / MF Standards / ISO compliance and evidence gathering
- Ability to work in virtual teams, often remote from other team members but also in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Work as part of an on call rota, to support our systems 24/7 (additional payment)
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or Manchester with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full time Your professional experience
- Degree in Computer Information Systems or a related discipline or qualified by experience plus One industry certification desirable (CISSP, GIAC, CISM)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure Security services, Cyber-attacks and Information Security
- Stakeholder management experience - including technical and non-technical
- A strong track record of delivering continual service improvement
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues with technical and non-technical audience
- A solid understanding of the ITIL framework
- Experience recording and maintaining incident documentation within a ticketing system (preferred: ServiceNow)
Previous working experience or knowledge of the following security products;
Your service line: Internal Services
- Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Bluecoat, GlobalScape SFTP, Varonis
- Cylance ATP or similar product - Routers and Switches troubleshooting - Disirable
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
PFT SLICSS BAITEC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176992