Infrastructure Services – Storage Team Leader – 6 months FTC - Internal Services – London or Regional
An exciting opportunity to support Deloitte Storage platforms
The Infrastructure Services Storage team provides storage, archive, backup/recovery services and solutions for the Deloitte UK practice. There are several storage and recovery platforms to manage, with over 7 PBs of capacity across multiple data centres.
The Storage team leader will act as escalation point, providing coaching and guidance for Storage team members in addition to providing day-to-day administration and management of storage related technologies.
This role demands a previous Storage technical background, coupled with experience of managing a team of technical engineers. The Storage Team Leader will report to and work closely with the head of Infrastructure Services and other colleagues to ensure platform maintenance, incidents, service requests and changes are executed in line with firm policy and procedures. Your role
The role will include but not limited to the following: Team Leader Responsibilities
- Manage general team workload and project resource allocation
- Imbed 'continuous service improvement' as a founding principle
- Work with Storage SME's and Architecture team to develop & progress Storage technologies roadmap.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Financial year budgetary planning
- Team objective setting, and performance management
- Monthly KPI reporting
- Team on call shift and holiday rota management
- Primary contact for client audits / MF Standards / ISO compliance and evidence gathering
Your work, your choice
- Oversee and perform daily Storage operational tasks.
- Maintain Storage capacity in-line with the firm's requirements.
- Create documentation/knowledge base articles for other support members/teams to follow.
- Be an escalation point on all storage and backup issues.
- Work with vendors where necessary to maintain software and hardware keep within supported versions.
- Research and identify industry trends in the storage and backup space, leveraging new ideas to improve the service design and support for the customer base.
- Work with Architects and Vendors to accept any new implementations into the management life cycle. This includes making sure all necessary documentation is handed off to supporting team and members and ensure that all team members are informed of any new technology and / or process.
- Be part of an out of hours 'on call' rota to act as a final level of escalation before resorting to vendor support.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London or regional with potential travel between offices.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
- Similar experience in a team lead role within an Enterprise organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate management and tracking of large numbers of incidents, events, and efforts.
- Ability to adapt and operate in a high-tempo, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment.
- Good knowledge of some of the following storage technologies; NetApp cDOT, NetApp Unified Manager , NetApp E-Series, IBM SVC/V7000 Block based platforms, NetApp SnapCentre Suite, Cisco MDS/Nexus SAN fabric technologies, Veritas NetBackup, IBM Spectrum Control, Microsoft Clustering, DFS, CIFS/SMB/FC/iSCSI Storage Protocols and HPE Connected Backup
- Knowledge of either Hyper-V or VMWare and how it leverages Storage.
- Microsoft, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Strong skills in scripting i.e. PowerShell, VBS and Perl.
- NetApp NCDA or NCIE, Clustered Data Ontap.
- Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) in NetBackup.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation
Your service line
- Passionate about people management and Storage technologies
- Thorough and demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Organized and able to identify and prioritize work
- Able to provide creative solutions
- Team player
- Strong customer focus with the ability to meet or exceed customer service levels
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176406