Infrastructure Support - Quality Assurance & Prod Management - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
See job description for details
The London Advisory IT team is looking for Business Unit Support Specialist - BUSS. The role is focused on providing technical support, project management and product integration for the business. The team work closely with the business unit contacts to collect and collate issues and feedback that is both technical and process related. The end goal is to provide excellent service and continual process improvement.
The team manages projects ranging from small to large to ensure that end-user productivity is maintained.
The ideal candidate should have broad IT knowledge, have worked within the finance industry and possess the ability to work proactively to ensure the delivery of a consistently high level of service. The candidate must be able to maintain a balance between high productivity and high quality to meet the needs of an extremely demanding and challenging time to market environment. The role has a high level of senior customer / client interaction. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable engaging with people at all levels but specifically c-level executives and be able work well under pressure.
- The BUSS provides a single point of contact for the end user within the IT department. To ensure the end-user does not need to navigate IT to resolve their technical requirements.
- You will own and manage incidents/problems/outages through to resolution.
- Manage root cause analyses and escalations of complex problems and issues.
- You will implement and adhere to operational and technical standards, best practices, processes, and procedures (problem/change/release/request/procurement management; incident/service/time reporting.)
- Identify areas within the Business Unit where the BUSS is able to add value either through a technology solution and/or process change.
- Encourage technical advancements, innovate, review and recommend change where there is a benefit.
- Manage projects from small to large ensuring end-user productivity is maintained. Manage own workload to ensure that assigned activities are completed within targets defined within SLA?s/OLA?s
- Provide onsite service management coverage to the division. Ownership and BU trust is key to this role with the expectation to go above and beyond.
- Strong Technical grasp of strategic platforms such as Microsoft OS and applications (Office), Networks and Security, WAN, LAN, Exchange 2007/10.
- Expert with Windows OS
- A solid understanding of Market data applications
- Project management experience
- PowerShell knowledge
- An ability to document, update and keep on top of multiple work streams to complete tasks.
- Ability to successfully prioritise and manage multiple projects and operational duties is key
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- An excellent understanding of ITIL Service Support and Delivery disciplines and methodologies
- Experienced working in an enterprise environment working in finance industry, investment banking.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1