Institutional Sales Support Analyst (12 month contract - looking for somebody with a difference) - Innovative & truly Client Focused Global Asset Manager
- Circa £130 - £180 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 15 Sep 17
You will be a graduate with a difference. A story to tell that is compelling. Be able to provide examples of where you've put yourself out of your comfort zone. Made life / career decisions that make you stand out from others. This is a terrific career opportunity for a candidate genuinely motivated by working in the asset management industry and ultimately a Sales focused role. Read the advert below. If you feel strongly that you are the right person for the role, please apply and feel free to call me. Kind regards, Guy Steel 020 34275663
- This is a terrific opportunity for a truly motivated individual to work for a growing, client focused, morally astute, and, innovative Global Asset Manager – a fantastic business
- Working for a hugely dynamic and inspirational line Manager, this role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic platform upon which to further develop their asset management focused career
- Starting off initially as a 12 month contract role, you will be expected to hit the ground running and add value quickly to my client’s growing sales team
- The role represents a broad and challenging Institutional Sales Support role affording very frequent and close working with experienced Sales Executives, and, includes direct dealings with both clients and prospects
- Specific responsibilities will include providing support relating to a range of pre and post sales activities, including providing research and data relating to (and not limited to) company financial status, portfolio allocations, current provider relationships, contact information, potential sales needs, marketplace trends, and win/loss data etc.
- Assist with RFI / RFP process and using relevant databases, Excel / PowerPoint etc. to assist with reporting / spreadsheet generation, as well as producing graphic representations of your research in order to identify trending on incoming leads as well as completing Fund Mapping Analysis, and Performance Documents for all prospects
- Participate in sales and marketing meetings, Investment Forums, and Client Presentations
- Ensure effective use of the CRM system to document leads / prospect opportunities for the Sales Team and ensure use of the system is continually optimised and “best practice” is followed
- Participate and assist with ad-hoc project work
- Be able to forge strong and meaningful working relationships with both internal and external business partners throughout the organisation, and, ensure that everything you do is about enhancing the “client experience”
- Participate and assist in the planning and coordination of prospect site visits and high touch events
- Develop your knowledge and expertise on relevant market developments through proactive review of current publications etc. to identify topics of potential interest to the sales department and/or consultant community.
- Most importantly you will need to be somebody who stands out from the crowd
- The hiring Manger is a very progressive leader, and, whilst some weighting will of course be given towards your academic achievements, as important are what successes and life experiences you’ve proactively gained through hard work, initiative and intuition. In other words, you must have a “story” that resonates and demonstrates that you’re something a little different and interesting
- In terms of practical work experience, you must have something meaningful gained through either internships gained before / during / after University, or, work experience gained since graduation. Experience gained from the asset management world would of course be useful. Being able to articulate why you want to work in asset management is essential
- This role is most likely to suit somebody who has aspirations to ultimately work in Sales, and, the humility to realise that in the short to medium term you will need to learn about the industry and invest your time and passion into it in order to gain the level of credibility required to progress
- An industry qualification such as the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) would be useful
- In depth knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently within a small team as a self-starter.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent listener and attention to detail.