Insurance Fund Accountant
- GBP400 - GBP500 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
My client, a leading global, Financial Service company is seeking an experienced Fund accountant.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly linked and non-linked fund accounts by the off-shore accounts team.
- Liaison with the client on all matters, queries and issues
- Prepare additional quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Understand, follow and update procedures/checklists
- Take full ownership for delivery of new client accounting changes. Including initial impact analysis, implementation and post-implementation support. Client changes are largely driven by fund restructuring, Solvency II, new products (including external bulk annuities), and corporate actions.
- Change accounting has included in species, matching adjustments, derivative accounting, re-registrations, etc.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Good Understanding of fund administration
- Experience of general ledger reconciliations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of MCH
- Strong Excel skills
- VBA experience desirable
- A recognized accountancy qualification is desirable
- University Graduate
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification
- Obtained or Studying towards IAQs
- MCH / Livewire
- Preferred system knowledge: MCH, nearest equivalent is Hi-Portfolio
- Insurance Fund exposure and Asset management background
- Reporting Experience - Essential*
- Xceptor exposure beneficial
- VBA - Essential*
Allegis Group Limited and Aston Carter Limited operate Employment Businesses and Agencies and are companies within the Allegis Group Inc. group of companies, the fourth largest staffing company in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems and Aerotek are divisions of Allegis Group Limited. Applicant data will be treated in accordance with the Allegis Group's Privacy Notice http://www.allegisgroup.com/Privacy/Default.aspx). By submitting personal data to any company or division within the Allegis Group, the applicant is providing explicit consent to the use of such data by the Allegis Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Allegis Group companies within the UK, Europe and outside the European Economic Area in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile, and confirms that they may be contacted about such job opportunities.