Insurance Research Analyst
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company. Position
Working as part of the Insurance equity research team, covering some of the world's largest insurers, with a combined market capitalisation exceeding £360bn.
Your role is to help maintain and develop the coverage of the Life and Non-Life Insurance subsectors, contributing to the team's strategic view in a global industry and EMEA equity capital markets context, enabling the team to produce high quality research for clients. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Background:
- To support the insurance team with fundamental analysis and the writing of equity research, while also developing client contact.
- The role offers the opportunity to develop into primary stock coverage, although this is flexible and based on the level of experience of the successful applicant.
- Providing sector and stock coverage, maintaining up to date models and updating forecasts.
- Contributing to written European or Global thematic research.
- Writing timely, actionable stock research on the coverage universe.
- Assisting the broader team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements.
- Communicating with covered companies to ensure the team is up to date with developments.
- A solid record of academic achievement, excellent communication skills and the drive to offer the best client service are required. Enthusiasm is critical.
- Prior experience in capital markets is not a pre-requisite, but a strong interest is paramount.
- Prior experience in the insurance sector is also not a pre-requisite but preferred.
- Competence with Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and/or financial analysis is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of equity valuation is preferred but not essential as there will be on the job training.
- Accountancy qualifications are desired and advantageous.
- CFA qualification, or studying towards this qualification, is preferred.