Intelligence Hub Manager
- GBP53064 - GBP61907 per annum + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Intelligence Hub Manager
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're responding to rapid transformation of our sector by delivering new ideas & ways of working that will, ultimately, help us become the best bank for customers. As the pace of change accelerates, you can be part of our exciting future where together we'll embrace creative, agile & simple ways of working, making a difference to the ever-changing needs of colleagues, customers & our business.
As the Intelligence Hub Manager, you will work within our Chief Security Office (CSO) Intelligence Team to establish and develop a new Intelligence Hub function right at the heart of the Group's Intelligence & security activity.
Our CSO Intelligence Team are responsible for identifying and reporting emerging and future threats: against the Group's customers, colleagues, assets, and data, coming from hostile governments, organised crime gangs, insiders and others. We make sure that the right parts of the business know about and understand these threats so that they can take action to keep the Group and its customers safe and protected in an increasingly hostile world.
The new Intelligence Hub will be a small team that will co-ordinate all intelligence activity occurring across the Group. We envisage it acting as the 'air-traffic control': directing who does what, where, and when to provide the best intelligence picture for senior decision-makers in response to strategic developments, current threats and immediate incidents. The result will be a smooth-running machine that can respond quickly to emerging threats and incidents as well as maintain direction and momentum for strategic work: ensuring clear ownership, tracking and completion of high-priority intelligence activities for a range of audiences. Our Intelligence Hub will sit at the centre of a range of teams across the Group, all with distinct traditions, capabilities and ambitions.
As the Intelligence Hub Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to be the architect and owner of a critical enabling function within the Group's threat management and security apparatus. You'll build efficient processes from scratch - as well as consensus with a range of internal partners and stakeholders.
You'll report into the Senior Manager for 'Capability and Co-ordination. Our Intelligence Team is based in offices throughout the UK. The role could be based in London, Bristol, or Edinburgh Park however a willingness to occasionally travel within the UK is essential.
Whilst the role is full-time; agile working is fully supported and encouraged. You'll be expected to be on a paid out of hours on-call rota for incident support (approx. 1 week in 4).
Your key capabilities & and knowledge will include:
* Intimate familiarity with the intelligence cycle and proven recent, professional experience of working with intelligence in a fast-paced and demanding environment, in either a law enforcement, government capacity, or as part of an intelligence team in another organisation.
* A strong capability in establishing efficient triaging processes in large and complex organisations is highly desirable.
* Clear experience of structuring and implementing recent, tech-literate, effective workflow / ticketing systems, such as JIRA.
* Experience of working with a Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP), or a strong willingness and proven capacity to learn to do so, is also desirable.
* It is desirable that you'll be familiar with the range of LBG data sources and tools used by the various intelligence and security teams, or bring knowledge of external equivalent systems as context.
* A familiarity with complex data interrogation / manipulation / analysis using industry standard tools and techniques to generate robust, credible intelligence products is desirable.
* Experience of effectively building and managing a small team from scratch, so that you can operate at pace with robust processes and with an aptitude for reactive response
* Excellent communication skills, necessary to convey complex issues concisely, and ensure a range of partners and audiences are clear about responsibilities, tasking, deadlines and objectives.
You'll benefit from a demonstrable capacity to adopt and implement new learning effectively. It is desirable that you'll have experience and a willingness to mentor and train others in ways suited to a range of learning styles. In addition it is essential that you have attentive commitment to design and abide by appropriately demanding governance, compliance and legal regimes, guided by an in-depth understanding of obligations under law, policy, and a strong sense of ethics.
You'll need to be a highly adept at managing multiple priorities, whilst exerting a clear and strong sense of ownership on challenges where they arise. You'll be able to work autonomously, be comfortable when working under pressure and well able to maintain momentum across long-term work. A strong sense of personal responsiveness, responsibility and commitment to the work is a must, as is the capacity for self-care supported resilience.
You'll require strong stakeholder management skills, productively managing expectations, shaping and transforming complex and crucial partnerships for sustained results. You'll benefit from an existing network of productive contacts across the Group, in particular teams which work regularly with intelligence.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation & you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers.