I am recruiting for 5 x Interim Consumer Credit Underwriters in London. This will be an initial 3 month contract - CANDIDATES MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY
We are looking for a detail orientated and collaborative individual with existing experience of working as an underwriter within financial services.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Approve or decline credit applications through the evaluation process of determining affordability, ability to repay, creditworthiness, and fraud risk
- Highlight suspected fraudulent applications to senior members of the team to minimise business risk
- Build and manage effective relationships internally across various teams as well as pro-active liaison with 3rd parties
- Regularly update and maintain accurate records of underwriting communications and data, providing relevant data/reports to management when required
- Develop and maintain relevant knowledge and understanding of the clients products, regulatory practices/procedures, and service standards relevant to underwriting