Our client, a global consultancy business based in central London, is going through a significant finance transformation programme. The Interim Finance Operations Manager will be responsible for identifying and streamlining financial operational processes within the UK group and divisions with the aim of enabling the group and finance business partners to focus on value add to the business. This is initially a six-month assignment but has strong potential to become longer term.
- Identify and remove inefficiencies and duplication within the group and cost centre financial processes.
- Document new refined processes either through Lean Management or Business Process Re-engineering to streamline processes.
- Create, enable and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify all stakeholders affected by the change and implement a communications plan ensuring all stakeholders have buy-in.
- Introduce SLA’s on new processes between Finance Operations, SSC, Finance Business Partners and the Sub-Regions.
- Influence and challenge the status quo of the group and cost centre processes with a view to standardisation.
- Ensure training plans are agreed and rolled out to the sub-regions and finance operations on new processes.
- Ensure compliance and a robust controls environment is in place and that approval processes are adhered to whilst the change process is taking place.
- Provide leadership by providing clear goals and objectives.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification.
- Business process re-engineering or lean management skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, influencing and challenging with tact and assertiveness.
- Technically and managerial competent with impact awareness of specialist areas including accounting, controls and governance, audit, ethics and risk management.
- IT literate – Microsoft, finance and management accounting systems, ERP systems.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO51049.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.