Intermediary Governance - Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is a leading global asset management business, offering a comprehensive family of domestic and international bond, equity, alternative and multi-asset class products for individual and institutional investors and private partnerships that invest in private equity, venture capital and real estate opportunities. Institutional clients worldwide have access to MSIM's premier institutional investment products, along with private equity and other alternative investment opportunities, to help manage their assets.
MSIM is looking to recruit an intermediary due diligence expert to assist and support the growth of its pooled investment vehicles. The intermediary governance team is positioned within the distribution team and the candidate will be responsible for performing up front and ongoing due diligence on MSIM's network of intermediaries as well as supporting the coordination of new intermediary legal agreements and amendments. The intermediaries are financial companies which sell/distribute shares of an MSIM Fund, make an MSIM fund available to underlying investors/companies or invest into an MSIM Fund, wrapping the MSIM Fund into its product.
The successful candidate will work on:
• All aspects of intermediary due diligence and also providing support for intermediary legal agreement coordination and regulatory or commercial initiatives.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Conducting due diligence on proposed and existing intermediaries in accordance with a set framework
• Liaising with and escalating to internal support teams on intermediary due diligence cases such as legal, financial crimes and compliance teams
• Close cooperation with the client service, sales and external transfer agents to address findings or negative alerts
• Presenting intermediary due diligence cases succinctly for senior management review, summing up their findings and recommendations
• Being involved in intermediary related initiatives and continuous improvement and enhancements to intermediary governance
• Preparing and presenting due diligence reports for internal committees
• Supporting intermediary legal agreement coordination
• Educated to degree level.
• Experience of fund structures and distribution models
• Strong knowledge of AML / KYC legislation in one or more of the UK, Ireland or Luxembourg
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a compliance or AML team of an Asset Management firm or other financial institution
• Candidate from other areas such as risk management or operations may be considered if they can demonstrate desire and aptitude to work in the due diligence area
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to present information in an easily understandable format
• Delivery focused, well organised and ability to prioritise
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels within the business
• Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change
• Ability to understand complex issues and strong problem solving
• Strong persuasion skills
• Familiar with one or more negative news screening applications
• Familiar with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
• Fluency in French / Italian or another European language would preferable
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.