We are a fast growing asset management firm focussed on direct lending opportunities in Europe. Our current investment activity extends across commercial real estate finance, residential mortgage finance as well as other asset-backed lending markets. We believe the structural reconfiguration of lending markets offer scalable and sustainable opportunities that deliver compelling risk returns. Due to our expansion, we are looking to hire an intern to join ASAP for a 6-9 month internship in the Commercial Real Estate Team, with the possibility of converting into a full time analyst position.
We are looking for a talented intern to join our successful commercial real estate debt team that has significant capital available to deploy. The successful candidate will be accountable for supporting all phases of the lending process and portfolio management, and will work closely with both clients and the key functions of the firm.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and dynamic team, with real transaction exposure from day 1 and to broaden your experience within a rapidly expanding organisation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work within the origination team in the underwriting and due diligence of new investments
- Research, analyse, underwrite and evaluate a variety of real estate debt opportunities
- Building detailed and dynamic cash flow models of transactions to analyse various capital structures and asset performance scenarios
- Analysis and research of comparable deals in the process of evaluating investment opportunities
- Produce deal specific investment memoranda for transaction recommendations to credit committees and other relevant lines of approval. Would look to assist in presenting to credit team towards the end of the internship
- Assist in preparing internal and external reports and presentations
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- An excellent academic record, student within a top university/business school, preferably with experience in Real Estate or in M&A, Leverage Finance, Advisory.
- A demonstrated interest in the sector and a solid understanding of the underlying fundamentals
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbally)
- Demonstration of adaptability, flexibility and initiative
Unfortunately visa sponsorship will not be offered with this role.