Intern - Consultant Database Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Amundi Asset Management
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
12 Month Internship in the Request For Proposals Department
Consultant Databases are global repositories which provide information and insights on Asset Managers and financial products across all asset classes: equities, bonds, real estate, and alternatives
The primary function of the Consultant Database Specialist is to update and maintain all Consultant Databases. By inputting detailed data on the Firm and its products (e.g. investment philosophy/objectives/process), the successful candidate will be able to gain a good insight in to the Firm’s offerings which in turn will provide a good basis to establish a career within asset management. The successful candidate will have daily exposure to Amundi’s global teams including the Global Consultant Relations Team and Product Specialists.
Undertake reporting to consultants:
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of online consultant databases for Investment Consultants, working closely with teams throughout the organisation. This includes updating with monthly and quarterly information such as performance, assets under management and product characteristics.
Help respond to ad-hoc and regular requests in addition to new business enquiries from consultants:
- Implement all product additions and ensure changes are maintained across all databases.
- Help support relationships with consulting firms and individual consultants
- Become familiar with the Firm's products and investment strategies across asset classes.
- Undertake ongoing research of consultant activity, product demand trends etc.
- Attend relevant consultant database seminars and events and provide feedback to Amundi’s internal teams.
Undertake projects to improve processes and increase team efficiency
- Help build customised reports that improve the efficiency of the data input process.
- Create new and improved processes and workflows.
Key skills and attributes for the job holder:
- Preference for candidates with a financial background. Ideally, with a Finance or Economics degree and knowledge of the asset management industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Organised and detail-oriented with strong project and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive team player with an ability to prioritise workload and work with professionals at all levels.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Fluent in English.