BDA Partners is seeking a highly motivated Intern Analyst for its London office. BDA provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable exposure to cross-border transactions (sellside, buyside and capital raising) across a multitude of sectors and geographies, notably transactions involving Asia. The candidate must be available to start work immediately and available for a period of at least six months.
The prospective candidate will provide project management and execution support to a range of mid-level and senior bankers. Specific duties typically include marketing documentation and research, industry and buyer analysis and assistance in the preparation of financial models. Candidates will be expected to have strong verbal and written skills and financial literacy. A knowledge of Asia (markets, developments, trends etc.) is also important.
Outstanding candidates will be considered for full-time conversion depending on the company’s needs and performance at the completion of the internship.
- Produce work to a very high standard of quality, thoughtfulness and insight within prompt deadlines
- Conduct research and analysis for:
- Target profiles
- Industry analysis
- Potential buyer profiles
- Comparable listed company and transaction valuation
- DCF and LBO analysis
- Other valuation materials
- Assist in drafting important pitch documents and marketing materials
- Pitch books for potential transactions
- Marketing documents for opportunities, such as teasers, information memorandums and management presentations
- Attend meetings with clients and counterparties
- Prepare for the meetings, such as writing agendas and descriptions of attendees
- Participate in meetings and add value to the discussions
- Prepare concise, insightful notes on the meeting
Job Qualifications for an Intern Analyst:
We are interested in candidates who meet the following criteria. Prior experience in finance or banking is highly desirable.
- At least 12 months of internship experience in investment banking, accounting, finance, private equity etc.
- An undergraduate degree (or higher qualification) with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting
- Highly motivated attitude; “self-starter” displaying initiative
- Superior knowledge of advanced tools in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Detail orientated: unrelenting focus on data and formatting accuracy
- Clear, confident social and communication abilities (both written and verbal); ability to interact with senior executives
- An interest in Asia and desire to develop a career in Asian M&A
- Ability to learn quickly across range of sectors. Practical and inquisitive mind that can flexibly adapt to new businesses models
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced intellectual environment
- Fluency in English. Italian and German would be advantageous
- Must be available to start work immediately in London
- Must be eligible to work in the UK full time
Interested candidates should click the 'apply' button where you will be re-directed to our careers page and finalize your application.
After submission, candidates will be directed to take a mandatory 40 minute long assessment exam.
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes.
Unfortunately, given the number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.