Duties of the Role
The Internal Audit (IA) department adopts a fully integrated audit approach and Risk IT auditors are expected to work closely with business auditors on complex and global audits. Internal Audit aims to be a pole of excellence providing guidance and leadership on the execution of local and global audits.
There is a vacancy for an experienced Risk IT auditor to join Nomura's IT Audit function in EMEA at Vice President Level. The successful candidate will report to the Global Technology Portfolio Director (TPD) for Risk IT and will be responsible for managing the global Risk IT audit portfolio, including defining and executing Risk Management audit assurance work in the region. This opportunity suits a highly motivated Vice President who has solid experience of auditing technology control requirements together with a deep understanding of Risk process, applications and infrastructure and related global regulations, especially CRD4/BASEL3 and BCBS 239 (Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting). The candidate should have motivation for making an impact in a global organisation and growing their career to the next level. The main duties of the role are:
* Manage and lead global and regional EMEA Risk IT application audits. The position is closely aligned with the regional Risk business audit managers and counterparts in other regions, and reports directly to the Global TPD responsible for the global Risk IT audit portfolio.
* The position has primary responsibility for annual audit planning and risk assessment, continuous monitoring, audit execution and quality assurance, audit report management, and audit issues follow-up. This includes:
o Management and execution of audits, in accordance with departmental standards, on time and to quality.
o Managing coverage for Global Risk IT as part of the audit continuous monitoring programme, including regular meetings with key auditees; and evaluating any changes in the risk profile which might result in a change to the Risk IT audit plan, risk assessments or audit universe.
o Management of staff in other regions to validate remediation of audit issues.
o Performing risk assessments for Global Risk IT, at least annually, using the departmental risk assessment methodology.
o Assisting non-technical audit colleagues in understanding technology risk and controls.
o Supporting IA's strategic initiative for Data Analytics by being an active supporter and contributor to this initiative. Advocate and develop audit colleagues to utilise data analysis to improve and enhance the audit approach.
Skill and Experience Requirements________________________________________
Skills and Experience
* Strong background and experience of managing and executing IT application audits within an investment bank. Experience should include, risk assessment, portfolio management, auditing of data integrity to provide an audit opinion on the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of system based processing, and IT general controls.
* Strong understanding of Risk Management and Risk IT processes, gained through a combination of education and work experience at global financial institutions that are subject to global regulatory standards and mandates, especially under the regulatory capital waivers from global regulators.
* Strong understanding of data management processes and operating models including data governance, data architecture, data lineage, data quality and management reporting; and an in-depth understanding of relevant regulation such as BCBS239.
* Strong experience of project management and systems development practices and processes.
* Strong leadership and management skills: Has a proven track record of demonstrating maturity and leadership, acts as a role model and holds self and others to high standards of excellence. Able to motivate, coach and develop staff to achieve departmental and personal objectives.
* Relationship management: Has proven ability to build strong relationships with auditees and can effectively manage upwards at senior levels. Demonstrates clear understanding of the business needs and exceeds expectations. Able to network and manage relationships at senior levels across the organisation and in the wider financial services industry.
* Confident manner and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Sound judgement on the criticality and impact of issues identified, with a risk and commercial focus.
* Strong time and project management skills, consistently delivering to deadlines (budget and time).
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.