- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 22 Feb 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
Internal Audit Manager
Schroders’ Internal Audit function has 16 staff, led by the Head of Group Internal Audit. The function is responsible for internal audit activities for the Group. Group Internal Audit has a global role, and covers all aspects of Schroders business – primarily asset management and
Schroders’ Internal Audit function has 16 staff, led by the Head of Group Internal Audit. The function is responsible for internal audit activities for the Group.
Group Internal Audit has a global role, and covers all aspects of Schroders business – primarily asset management and private banking.
Overview of role
As Schroders’ Internal Audit function has a global remit you will be required to work both in the UK and overseas. The team has a high profile, and the work undertaken is complex and often time pressured, and will in many cases have significant impact upon ongoing activities within the Group.
You will be expected to take a leading role in the management of junior staff and of staff seconded from co-source providers, and the planning and delivery of all aspects of audit assignments, including reporting. As well as periodic audit reviews, where required you will be expected to undertake investigations, thematic reviews and special projects.
In addition you will provide direct support to a Senior Internal Audit Manager in the development and update of the audit plan of work, and work with all members of the Audit team to ensure stakeholders and management are provided with an exceptional internal audit service.
Duties will include
• Planning and scheduling of work with the business
• Performing audit reviews (and, where required, investigations, thematic reviews and special projects) from end-to-end including planning, fieldwork and reporting.
• Ensuring the quality of work completed and outputs produced, including adherence to the relevant professional standards
• Managing the tracking of issues and actions arising from internal audit work
• Maintaining relationships with key managers in the business
• Responding to business requests for support and assistance
• Provision of data in relation to control activities, to support business development by Schroders
• Input to the development of a plan of work, to be approved by the Board Audit Committee
• Strong understanding of the asset management industry, including core products sold, instruments traded and operations
• Experience of identifying and reporting control issues in the context of an asset management function
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to work effectively with senior management
• First class project and staff management skills
• Experience at a management level in Internal Audit
• Ability to travel overseas for up to 40% of your time
• A relevant auditing or accounting qualification
• Proficiency in languages other than English and relevant to where Schroders operates will be considered to be an advantage