The prime purpose of this role is to undertake a range of internal audits of both the IT infrastructure and the IT applications which support the Global Markets trading activities across Commodities, Fixed Income, FX and Money Markets, Credit and equity derivatives, and Structured Credit, and also the support functions of the Bank, including Operations, Compliance, Risk and Finance.
ICBC Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, and in expanding the size of our team, we are looking for an IT Internal Audit Senior Manager to join our dedicated team at our London offices.
The role includes planning, project managing, executing and documenting audit testing, and reporting findings:
- Both functional and integrated IT audit work within Front Office and Back Office covering infrastructure and applications.
- To carry out other ad hoc reviews and investigations as requested by management, with respect to IT.
The expectations of this Senior Manager role encompass the following:
Understanding the business
- Detailed understanding of a Global Markets trading environment, both from an IT infrastructure and IT applications perspective.
- Detailed understanding of the current regulatory environment and developments with respect to IT risks and controls, regulatory rules and guidelines, and key current industry topics.
Being risk focused
- Able to determine the risk based scope of IT audit testing for both specific IT audit and for integrated audit assurance through appropriate analysis and differentiate between what is important and what is not to propose a preliminary scope of work. Appropriately apply professional scepticism.
- Expected to raise findings and articulate the results and impact of audit work, both verbally and in writing, to contribute to a quality internal audit product.
- Expected to be actively involved in the quarterly risk assessment and annual audit planning process, demonstrating an ability to apply both business and industry understanding to the internal audit assessment of technology risk in the Bank
Efficient and effective service delivery
- Expected to plan and execute audits from planning through to audit reporting in line with agreed timeframes.
- Expected to project manage audits to ensure completion and documentation of audit testing in line with agreed budgets.
- Expected to be able to use and apply an appropriate mix of audit approaches and testing methods, including data analysis techniques, on individual assignments to deliver efficient and effective audit testing.
- Expected to be resilient and determined to see projects through to completion.
- Team player who recognizes the Bank-wide and departmental goals and objectives and strives to achieve them.
- Draw upon technical competency, to operate effectively and supportively within a medium sized Internal Audit team, and build strong relationships with management
- Strong relationship management skills with management at an audit and portfolio level.
- Pro-active individual who will share technical knowledge and understanding, escalate questions for broader consideration, consultation, and discussion whilst maintaining appropriate personal accountability.
- Planning and execution of IT audit work and reporting the results to management.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews and special investigations as requested from time to time by management.
- To ensure IT audit work is documented in accordance with internal and professional standards.
- Maintain leading edge industry knowledge and technical competence.
- To provide cost-effective and value added recommendations to management and contribute to enhancing the overall internal control environment.
- To ensure that audit reporting addresses all key control weaknesses.
- Provide input to the quarterly risk assessment and annual planning process.
- To develop effective ongoing relationships with senior IT management.
- Providing assurance in other locations. Whilst the job will primarily be London based, there are a number of overseas locations in which audits may be scheduled. It is not anticipated that the travel requirement will exceed 15%.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Strong university degree.
- CISA, RICS, or CISM, or equivalent IT qualification.
- Formal experience of providing audit assurance (pre-requisite), ACA (preferred).
- Good level of post qualification IT audit experience preferably in Financial Services.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- A proven track record of understanding of IT processes and controls, within a Global Markets environment.
- Deep knowledge of current industry practices and understanding of recent regulatory developments.
- A flexible individual with an ability to undertake a varied portfolio of audits is required. The individual will need to demonstrate a track record of being adaptable and tackling new subject areas independently.
- The job holder should be a self-starter with sufficient experience as to be able to undertake assignments with limited supervision.