Protiviti (www.protiviti.com/uk-en/about-us) is an innovative and fast-growing, global consulting business with over 7,000 staff based across more than 80 offices internationally. From our seven UK offices, we help our clients solve problems in internal audit, finance, technology, operations, governance, and risk. We work with a wide range of organisations to help them face the future with confidence. We believe people and having fun make the difference and our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives are designed to attract, develop and retain the most talented and qualified professionals in the market, regardless of any dimension of diversity.
Our UK business is seeking an Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Senior Consultant with a Financial Services Industry background to join our growing team.
The role as Senior Consultant has primary responsibility for supervision of Consultants in executing internal audit project work plans. The Senior Consultant has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant leans to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve business processes.
With a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, this role is offering those with a minimum of 3+ years’ relevant experience in a related field teamed with previous exposure to FSI products and/or service areas to take the next step in their career.
What will help you be successful
- You enjoy discussing technical and industry trends and seek opportunities to demonstrate and teach seniors and staff on the job.
- Participating in the initiation and development of new products and services.
- You are passionate about delivering client satisfaction and demonstrating a growing level of industry and product competency and are able to articulate their value to your clients.
- An understanding of the business environment and potential client base for your solution and industry.
- Seeking opportunities to interact with and mentor personnel, including participating in the creation and rollout of training and developing skill sets.
- Being pro-active and using real-time supervision during all phases of an engagement to develop our people.
- An inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing operational and financial controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the client or internal audit engagement team and developing effective solutions.
- Ensuring timely completion of assigned project phases.
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Applying Protiviti policies and proficiency in Protiviti methodologies.
- Applying and understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of project assignments.
- Developing an understanding of project requirements and client’s business.
- Supervising and training project personnel.
- Preparing project reports on findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Participating in the review of internal controls as described in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; minimum 2:1.
- High grades at GCSE and A-Level (typically at least an A and 2 B’s at A-level).
- 3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional certification such as ICAEW strongly preferred.
- “Big 4” experience in Internal Audit strongly preferred.