- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Internal AuditorRequisition ID
Dept. / Bus. Group
Posting End Date
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) is established by the Board of Directors, and reports functionally and administratively to the President with oversight by the Audit Committee.
IAD provides an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity that is guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the EBRD's operations. IAD's mission is to assist the EBRD in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Bank's governance, risk management and internal control systems and processes. Its strategic objective is to be regarded as an effective third line of defence in the prudential management of the EBRD.
IAD's terms of reference require it to adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics .
The Internal Auditor is responsible for:
- Assisting IAD management in (a) the determination of its periodic risk based audit plan and (b) the timely delivery of the plan as approved by the President and the Audit Committee;
- Carrying out specific ad-hoc responsibilities and tasks, including consulting work, as assigned by Internal Audit management.
The Internal Auditor contributes to the achievement of IAD's mission by:
- Executing assigned internal audit engagements and other ad hoc work as directed by the Head of Internal Audit;
- Ensuring efficient and effective planning and auditing processes that provide timely and pragmatic recommendations for the promotion of world class standards of risk management, control and governance across the Bank.
In addition to interaction with other members of IAD as necessary (including in particular IT auditors), the successful achievement of this task requires close interaction with all levels of client personnel associated with the process being audited, generally - but not exclusively - up to Director level.
- Develop open and constructive working relationships with stakeholders within his/her area of specialisation to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and corporate benefits of the audit process.
- Keep abreast of relevant industry and organisational developments within his/her area of specialisation to enhance the contribution to IAD's maintenance of an audit universe and related risk assessment process, as well as the quality of assigned engagements.
- With respect to each internal audit engagement assigned to an Internal Auditor working alone:
- Identify the key audit risks that have an impact on the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls in the relevant area;
- Devise and recommend to the Head/Deputy Head of Internal Audit an audit engagement plan to test the controls, procedures and processes designed by management to negate or mitigate the identified risks;
- Perform the agreed fieldwork with minimal supervision within the established time schedule, liaising with all necessary levels of the business as necessary in order to identify areas for improvement;
- Discuss the areas identified as needing improvement with the business and develop feasible recommendations to address the related weaknesses;
- Produce high quality audit reports for the approval of the Head/Deputy Head of Internal Audit.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- University degree, preferably with a finance, IT or business focus, or other relevant post graduate degree and/or relevant professional qualification such as CIA/PIA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA.
- Extensive years of relevant post qualification experience in an internal or external audit environment is ESSENTIAL.
- Proven experience in auditing the appraisal and monitoring of project finance, corporate lending and equity investments is ESSENTIAL.
- Strong personal integrity and a commitment to highest ethical standards is KEY.
- The ability to always strive for excellence and be accountable for the performance of assigned tasks.
- The ability to identify and consider the Bank's principles, policies, strategic objectives, initiatives, resource limitations, culture and politics in the performance of assigned tasks.
- The ability to gain the respect of clients by demonstrating technical competence in the subject matter of the assigned work, as well as appropriate judgement in identifying and addressing issues.
- The ability to balance diplomacy with assertiveness.
- The ability to demonstrate efficiency and persistence, manage own time, and ensure that agreed objectives and deadlines are achieved even when faced with problems, challenges and pressure.
- The ability to communicate in a clear, succinct and professional manner, especially in producing written reports of a high standard (including proper use of grammar and punctuation) that communicate observations, findings and recommendations in a balanced and effective manner taking account of the target readership.
- The EBRD has extensive legal immunities and is not subject to market regulation. This increases the burden of IAD's responsibilities as an effective third line of defence, as well as the onus to be constantly aware of emerging industry trends and risks and their impact on the EBRD.
- IAD is required to cover all the Bank's activities with a very small team. It must therefore ensure that it focuses its work on key strategic and operational risks with a view to adding maximum value to the Bank in an efficient manner.
- IAD must ensure that it demonstrates professional competence, independence and objectivity in its work to maintain the respect of both management and the Board.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Internal Audit, Audit, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Finance, Technology