Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions. We operate on a decentralized basis where each business group is responsible for the activities of the business. Global Manager acts as a partner to each business group, performing certain functions that are shared across all groups (e.g.IT), sharing best practices, facilitating communication across the groups to ensure that activities that require consistency across groups are coordinated. Accordingly, we operate in a matrix environment requiring everyone to consider who might be impacted by a decision and/or who needs to be involved or aware.
Internal Audit in Brookfield plays a central role in providing assurance and advisory services over corporate functions and the companies owned and operated by Brookfield globally. To do so, we have teams in all 5 continents. Over 60 people work in the Brookfield Internal Audit team globally, and a further 20 in the companies owned and operated by Brookfield. The team in Europe consists of 7 professionals.
The business we work in is fast-changing, and so is the work of Internal Audit. Internal Audit is a truly global function that work closely together across all continents.
We stimulate a can-do attitude, personal development and ownership. What sets us apart is the true service-attitude towards the business that we review, where our work is widely viewed as making the organisation stronger.
The role offers the opportunity to work directly with a wide range of portfolio companies controlled by Brookfield across the various business groups (Infrastructure, Real Estate, Renewable Power and Private Equity) within Europe. The Internal Auditor will assess the control environments within the portfolio companies to confirm adherence to policies and Brookfield expectations as well as identify potential control gaps and improvements to key processes. The successful candidate will require regular interaction with both management of portfolio companies and Brookfield.
This is a great opportunity for a proven outstanding performer to join a dynamic and growing organisation.
• Undertake internal audits as assigned in the Annual Internal Audit Plan which will be varied and include reviews of key business and operational processes as well as compliance to new regulations
• Involvement in the development of audit scope and audit work programs to be performed in accordance with Internal Audit methodology
• Identify opportunities to utilise data analytics to assist the completion of audit work programs
• Perform audit testing to assess adequacy of controls in place and prepare clear, concise working papers linking risk to control testing to results to recommendations
• Provide a balanced view of findings, propose value-adding recommendations, and assist management in developing robust action plans
• Compile draft reports for allocated internal audits for internal review
• Track management action plans to completion, report on progress and maintain the database of outstanding actions
• Assist with the completion of the annual SOX testing program including performing testing and documenting testing results
• Newly qualified with relevant qualification (i.e. ACA/ACCA/IIA or CIA) or studying towards professional qualification
• Employ a commercial approach balanced with prudent risk management
• Highly motivated individual who consistently produces high quality work against deadlines
• Proactive and collaborative attitude with a diligent approach
• Flexible working style; the ability to perform well in a small team, and adaptable approach within a changing environment
• Clear, concise verbal and written communications at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally
• Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to respond positively under pressure
• Take individual responsibility to ensure deadlines are met
• Understanding of data analytics and how these can be applied in internal audit
• Hands-on experience in undertaking annual SOX control testing
• Experience in using computer-assisted audit tools and techniques (e.g. Excel, ACL, Tableau)