See job description for details
Internal Auditor – Investment Manager – Senior Manager Company Profile
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises business, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley’s internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise. Team Profile
Morgan Stanley EMEA Investment Management Audit team is part of the Morgan Stanley Internal Audit Department and provides internal audit coverage of EMEA Investment Management activities as well as supporting global activities and services. The Investment Management Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the various financial products and services. Qualifications: Primary Responsibilities
Morgan Stanley is seeking an auditor for its Investment Management (IM) audit team in London covering Global Investment Management audits. You will be part of a diverse and global team and will be key in contributing to the timely completion of the Global IM audit plan.
You will mainly cover front to back public and private side audits, which may include equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. In addition, you will also cover Finance, Legal and Compliance, as well as other aspects of the Investment Management business.
Reporting to the EMEA Audit Coverage Manager (ACM), key responsibilities include but is not limited to;
- Performing risk assessments at an entity and process level for key Investment Management entities;
- Conduct audits projects in line with methodology, including the preparation of key audit artefacts including the Audit Scoping Memorandum, Risk Control Matrix and Audit Report;
- Execute audit activities to agreed budgets and timelines as outlined by the Audit Coverage Director (ACD);
- Co-ordinate and work with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion;
- Appropriately assessing potential findings for significance;
- Communicating audit findings to the ACM, ACD and client management and assisting with negotiating finalization of issues with senior client management;
- Perform issue validation of the issues raised as part of audits or Continuous Monitoring.
- Develop solid working relationship with clients through Continuous Monitoring and stakeholder relationship management.
Qualifications Essential skills and experience
- Experience in auditing operational controls within a wide range of business processes preferably in Investment Management;
- Understanding of key financial industry regulations;
- Good understanding of investment management principles and products;
- Good knowledge of financial instruments and derivative products;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to process information quickly and assess risks and controls.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability;
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional, friendly and client focused approach;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management;
- English language skills (speaking, reading and writing at advanced level. Desirable skills and experience -
Preferred comprehensive knowledge of the general risks and controls in a trade life-cycle (i.e. trade execution, capture, confirmation settlement, etc.) and of how business transactions are accounted for
- University degree or equivalent
- The ability to contribute and create new initiatives and be responsive to change;
- Relevant professional qualifications;
- Other European language skills.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.