My client, an Investment Management business with an impressive AUM, is looking to hire an Internal Auditor into the exiting team.
You will be responsible for assisting with fieldwork, maintaining evidence of audit testing and drafting reports on audits and investigations as allocated. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage personal delivery of allocated activities including prioritisation and time management; this may include testing and documenting controls, observing and documenting processes, documenting risk workshops, drafting reports and other audit related tasks.
- Undertake audit testing with business colleagues at all levels.
- Proactively identify risks and controls and contribute to their evaluation to arrive at an audit opinion.
- Follow up on the implementation of agreed recommendations and conduct periodic testing of the embeddedness and operating effectiveness of the actions taken to address internal audit findings.
- Support the delivery of projects to develop the internal audit function.
- To prepare reports and recommendations for management on the results of audits, providing recommendations on improvements.
- To proactively engage with assigned business units to support the maintenance of the Audit Universe to ensure it remains current and is an accurate reflection of the group’s organisational structure and risk and control environment.
- To assist the Head of Internal audit’s preparation of the annual Internal Audit plan by providing recommendations on those business processes that expose the business to the highest strategic, operational, financial, reputational and regulatory risks and so should be subject to Internal Audit review.