Internal Auditor - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Associate - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INTERNAL AUDIT
Internal Audit helps to ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
Internal Audit assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
- Securities - covers the Firm's Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
- Investment Banking - covers the firm's banking activities and Global Investment Research operations.
- Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
- Consumer - covers the firm's consumer loans and deposit businesses (Marcus by Goldman Sachs)
- Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
The position offered is part of the Internal Audit EMEA Consumer team covering Marcus UK activities. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Required skills
- +4 years of experience within the financial services industry in an internal audit function preferably covering consumer related activities
- Detailed understanding of consumer related risks including operational, AML, fraud and consumer compliance
- Experience on the application of UK consumer regulations (e.g BCOBS, PSR, FSCS)
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Lead and / or participate in all stages of audit work, including project scoping, fieldwork, identification of findings and report issuance
- Perform control design assessment and effectiveness testing
- Participate in preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
- Assess the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and assist with production of the report to management.
- Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
- Engage in ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
- Liaise with colleagues globally to understand global processes and facilitate benchmarking of best practice.
- Establish and maintain internal stakeholder relationships and regularly interact with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity