- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 01 Oct 17
International Benefits Manager (E&A and AME)
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Based in the UK, as part of the Group Pensions & Benefits (P&B) team, you will support the effective management and implementation of the Bank's pensions and benefits strategy, working with local management and other Reward colleagues, with specific responsibility for the Europe & Americas (E&A) and Africa & Middle East (AME) regions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. To take the lead in providing advisory P&B support for countries in the E&A and AME regions
2. Working with local management and PRB (Performance, Reward and Benefits) advisory colleagues, to review pensions and benefits locally to ensure arrangements become, and remain, fully compliant with country legal and regulatory requirements and group policies, including plan change approvals and periodic local governance audits
3. To take the lead or support on P&B global projects as may be agreed from time to time within the team, for example selection and roll out of an employee portal, flexible working practices or review of leave
4. As a member of the broader PRB team, work with PRB colleagues to ensure performance and reward strategy, policy and processes are aligned with, and support, business strategy.
5. To support local PRB delivery and HR colleagues in the design, development, administration and communication of the Group's existing and new benefit plans, including working with Global Business Services in Chennai
6. To develop and maintain data covering the Group's pension and benefit arrangements to support management, and the requirements and activities of the Group P&B and PRB teams.
7. To assist Group P&B colleagues with their oversight of all benefits provided by the Group, including material changes to terms and providers, in compliance with the Group Benefits Policy and Procedure
8. To maintain a detailed knowledge of benefit offerings and new trends and developments in benefit design and governance for countries in the two regions.
Qualifications and Skills
* Knowledge and experience in all aspects of pensions and benefits. Technical knowledge of insurance and captive arrangements is an advantage but not essential.
* An understanding of the diversity of pensions and benefits legislation, custom and practice across the countries in which the Group operates.
* Experience of best practice within major multinational companies.
* The ability and experience to win the confidence of senior management in UK and throughout the world.
* Communication skills to articulate complex issues simply and comprehensibly.
* The ability to develop and maintain personal relationships with staff of all nationalities through the Group.
* The ability to work independently; identifying and prioritising key issues then managing them through to a conclusion.
* Strong experience of project management and delivery
* Focus on high standards, quality and high attention to detail
* Internal: Head, Pensions and Benefits; Insurable Risk, Regional PRB Advisory, Local PRB Delivery; local management with pensions or benefits responsibilities, Benefits teams within the Global Business Services.
* External: vendors, including insurance networks and companies, underwriters, investment managers, custodians, administrators, legal, actuarial and other consultants; international benefit managers in similar multinational companies; regulators; authorities.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Display the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.