At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommend financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK.
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies, managing assets on behalf of a wide range of clients.
Our experienced team of investment specialists manages around £139 billion of assets (as at 31.12.2019), investing across all major asset classes. Our funds are aimed at meeting a broad range of investor needs, in addition we provide bespoke solutions to meet specific objectives.
RLAM was established in 1988 and is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since our inception we have built a reputation as an innovative, high performing fund manager. Our track record and exceptional client service have been recognised with a number of awards. We are proud of the people we employ, the performance we have delivered and the wide-ranging group of clients we manage for.
- Supporting the design and implementation roadmap of RLAM International Distribution Strategy. To ensure business outcomes, regulatory, operational and commercial implications are clearly articulated and associated solutions and risk impact mitigation measures are delivered to enable the business to realise its strategic targets, within budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Overall responsibility for planning and leading the delivery of the whole change lifecycle for projects.
- Developing and leading cross functional change teams which may include both task and line/people management, establishes an environment of trust and empowerment
- Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and /or interest groups
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of project scope and approach
- Developing and agreeing budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Identifying and monitoring project risks, planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects and portfolios
- Considering operational risk and adhering to security and risk policies while ensuring that risk based decisions are evidenced and taken at all times
- Developing, maintaining and applying quality management processes for project activities and output
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues and quality requirements)
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and managing reviews at appropriate points, during and after projects, which will inform governance of projects by providing evaluation of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance
- Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating projct documentation as required.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent planning, co-ordination and organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor approach to different levels of stakeholders
- Strong conflict management and negotiating skills
- Consultative approach and background
- Comfortable managing ambiguity
- Personally credible with the ability to command confidence from senior stakeholders
- Able to act decisively in critical situations.
- Recent experience as a Business Change Programme / Senior Project Manager (NOT IT PM). Possibly as a Consultant in a Buy side consultancy
- MSP qualified (preferred); PRINCE 2 (required)
- Extensive buy side asset management change experience – across Distribution, Product, Front Office and Ops
- Used to operating at C suite level and managing C suite sponsors day to day
- CV must show candidate has launched one or more overseas Distribution Operations – ideally from concept, through product / regulatory approvals to operational implementation and media launch
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets including multiple third party vendors.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.