International Pensions & Benefits Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
We have an opportunity for an International Pensions & Benefits Manager Job description As part of the Group Pensions & Benefits team, to support the effective management and implementation of the Bank's pensions and benefits strategy, working with local management and other Reward colleagues.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
1. To support the preparation of reports for regulatory purposes in relation to pensions, including:
a. Group pension reporting under IAS19,
b. BCBS 239 reporting,
c. Pension stress testing for internal and PRA purposes,
d. Periodic reporting to regional risk committees, and
e. Other internal requirements;
2. To lead on the application of Group pensions governance to local pension arrangements, including management of an annual governance survey;
3. To assist in the development of new standards for governance in relation to defined contribution arrangements;
4. To support change in relation to pension plans, including transition of legacy defined benefit to defined contribution plans;
5. As part of the Group Pensions & Benefits team, to review, with local management and Reward colleagues, pensions and benefits locally to ensure arrangements become, and remain, fully compliant with the group policies, including plan change approvals;
6. To support other members of the Group P&B team in their work with business units in respect of insurable benefits, and other non-pension activities;
7. To develop and maintain data covering the Group's pension and benefit arrangements that supports management, and the requirements and activities of the Group P&B and PRB (Performance, Reward & Benefits) teams;
8. To assist Group P&B colleagues with their oversight of all benefits provided by the Group, including material changes to terms and providers, in compliance with the Group Benefits Policy.
Qualifications and Skills
· A relevant professional qualification (FIA or equivalent);
· Knowledge and experience in all aspects of pensions and benefits, including the application of accounting standards;
· An understanding of the diversity of pensions and benefits legislation, custom and practice across the countries in which the Group operates;
· Experience of best practice within major multinational groups;
· The ability and experience to win the confidence of senior management in London and throughout the world;
· Communication skills to articulate complex issues simply and comprehensibly;
· The ability to develop and maintain personal relationships with staff of all nationalities through the Group;
· The ability to work independently; identifying and prioritising key issues then managing them through to a conclusion.
· Internal: Head, Pensions and Benefits; Head, Pensions Risk; Regional PRB Advisory, Local Service Delivery; local management with pensions or benefits responsibilities, Benefits teams within Global People Services (India);
· External: Investment Managers, custodians, administrators etc. legal, actuarial and other consultants; international benefit managers in similar multinational companies; regulators; authorities. Insurance companies, underwriters, consultants and captives.
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct;
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct;
· Display the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment;
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...