International Services, Immigration and Employee Tax – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources provide support and strategy at every level of Morgan Stanley’s business. It helps firm and business unit management with strategic direction in employee recruiting, retention, development and compensation. HR generalists partner with individual business units to deliver services in data analysis, employee relations, compensation analysis and performance management. Other HR teams are product-focused, specialising in compensation, benefits, recruiting, reporting and learning and development services.
As part of the HR Products group, the EMEA Deferred Compensation, International Mobility & Employee Tax team provides specific subject matter expertise on all international compensation, relocation and tax related matters. The role is part of a team of 4 and will report to the EMEA Vice President.
International Services and Immigration
• Provide oversight of the HR Service Centre (iMove) team responsible for the administration of all relocation matters:
o Ensure documentation of operational policy and processes are accurate
o Monitor, review and approve all relocation cost estimates, assignment /relocation packages and monthly payroll instruction approvals
o Act as main point of contact for all escalations and exceptions
• Management of junior International Services advisor and junior Employee Tax and International Services advisor based in Glasgow
• Key point of contact for all senior relocations and all expatriates into and out of EMEA.
• Act as a subject matter expert and provide mobility solutions, support and advice to the HR (Coverage) teams and business units (BU) as required.
• Manage all EMEA relocation and immigration vendor relationships
o Strategic review of service delivery and recommendations for savings/trends
o Approval of vendor invoices and analysis of monthly vendor spend
• Regional lead for ongoing implementation of new IS technology platform including:
o Implementation of new phases, including vendor invoicing and employee portal
o Super User responsibilities for region
• Subject matter expert for immigration and management of junior immigration advisor based in London and escalated/complex immigration cases alongside external vendor.
• Subject matter expert for EMEA tax and social security related aspects on international and domestic mobility for EMEA HR, Business Units and employees;
• Day-to-day contact point for tax services vendor and co-ordination of tax compliance season.
• Manage tax reimbursements and payments to tax authorities, and tax equalisation payment tracking
• Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and assist with cross-functional analysis of the implications of cross border work requests to manage and regularise cross border mobility situations
• Provide tax advisory support to UK expatriate payroll function and UK domestic payroll
• Assisting with employer compliance and statutory reporting requirements, e.g. Form 42, P11d preparation and PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA), Short Term Business Visitors ( Appendix 4)
• Assist with certain year-end compensation processes, e.g. cash bonus splitting, stock unit conversion and deferred cash distribution splitting, ensuring correct tax withholding basis is applied
• Provide ongoing support to the HR Generalists, Business Units and employees with respect to all of the Firm’s Executive Compensation plans
• Provide support to the function head on key Firm EMEA project initiatives
• Support the education and training of HR teams and internal stakeholders across the region to promote the understanding of International Services and Immigration policies and processes
• Keep informed and up to date with new regulations and developments in immigration and tax and mobility market trends and share this knowledge with the wider team.
• Good technical understanding of UK, US and EMEA personal tax principles;
• ATT qualified or equivalent;
• Strong global mobility and immigration experience;
• Possess supervisory experience and experience working with remote or cross-functional teams;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to speak clearly and confidently to stakeholders;
• Pro-active and has the ability to start contributing significantly to the team in short order;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1