A global business are looking to recruit a International Tax Director to join their exciting brand. The International Tax Director will be responsible for the implementation of tax strategy, planning and optimisation across its many legal entities. This role will report directly into the CFO and have the support of a small team and external advisors. It will play an integral part in managing the global tax policy and will include: tax structuring, advisory, tax governance and compliance.
* Build a strong international tax strategy (including tax planning, forecasting and optimisation) for the group and lead the implementation of this.
* Lead negotiations with local tax authorities and negotiate advantageous tax positions in each operating country
* Ensure there is a robust process for dealing with all tax compliance and reporting e.g. DAC 6, CFC, DPT
* Set up a robust tax efficient method of structuring transactions largely associated with the development, construction or financing of solar projects
* Manage a strong transfer pricing policy, ensuring appropriate documentation is in place and appropriate inter-company charging takes place
* Ensure all tax returns for all entities (corporate tax; GST/VAT etc) are submitted on a timely basis
* Make sure tax risk is managed appropriately across all jurisdictions and transactions
* Lead the team to develop and design reporting and analysis of tax data as required, to help formulate strategy and provide insight into the underlying data
* Commercially experienced and qualified corporate tax expert 10 - 15 years of experience
* Experience of indirect taxes is of benefit
* Excellent academics together with recognised tax and/or accounting qualification
* Ideally have worked in an International role in financial services or energy or a role where you have developed deep expertise in global direct and indirect taxes across multiple tax jurisdictions
* Experience of working in a leadership position in which you are proactive in developing and facilitating the career paths and professional development of those within your team. Working with individuals from different academic and professional backgrounds.
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.