International Tax Manager
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will take the lead on providing an efficient and robust tax advisory and compliance environment both in EMEA and to the US parent, as well as liaison with auditors. The role is part of a 4-person tax team based in London. You will have an opportunity to be involved in various tax projects and gain greater exposure to wider international tax issues.
The Columbia Threadneedle Investments ('CTI') EMEA region Tax department is part of the CTI Finance team and is responsible for managing and overseeing all the ongoing tax obligations of the CTI EMEA Group. CTI is owned by Ameriprise Financial Inc ('Ameriprise') and the CTI EMEA Tax department works closely with the Ameriprise tax team who report to the Ameriprise Chief Financial Officer. As part of the overarching risk management framework, the EMEA tax team works closely with the business and is informed and consulted on business changes, in order to proactively identify tax risks and to ensure that the level of risk is well understood and within acceptable parameters. CTI EMEA region comprises a significant London and Luxembourg presence, with offices in various European cities and an expanding presence globally. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Preparation and review of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and a touchpoint for the broader finance team ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts of the EMEA entities.
- Facilitating and ensuring that direct tax compliance, including reporting is maintained for the EMEA group.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs.
- Provide tax consulting advice on significant M&A transactions and business restructures. Acting as SME to project team as required.
- Proactively identify tax risks for the business and work with advisors and stakeholders to ensure changes in tax law and regulations are complied with.
- Support HR/Payroll with ad hoc employment tax queries.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment across the UK, EMEA and Asia.
- Support key business initiatives, communicate financial impact of taxes in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Manage relationships with tax authorities and advisors.
- Liaison with external auditors as required.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Qualified tax professional with relevant experience.
- Accounting or tax background, experience in cross-border intercompany transaction and international tax matters in both tax consulting and compliance.
- An understanding of BEPS, ATAD and MDR to mitigate adverse tax consequences to the group.
- Use of OneSource, Longview systems preferable.
- Confidence to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues, advisors and auditors.
- The ability to operate independently in a fast-paced working environment, work closely and proactively within the tax team and numerous functional teams across the organisation.
- An interest in developing expertise in all tax related matters applying across the UK and other jurisdictions in which the business operates.
- Ideally you have previous experience working within the Asset Management industry or have an understanding of the multi-jurisdictional tax reporting regime with multiple statutory requirements.