International Tax Manager, VP, Corporate - Tax
- Competitive Base plus Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
The International Tax Manager oversees, among other things, the preparation of direct tax returns, US reporting, transfer pricing reviews, conducting tax planning analyses and providing support to front office by reviewing new business proposals as they arise. The successful candidate will report to the Head of International Tax
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York with its European head office in London and staff in over 30 global cities, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management. Jefferies provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, merger and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalisation.
Jefferies’ International Tax department currently consists of 3 staff based in London. The department is responsible for tax matters for Jefferies entities and branches in Europe and Asia, as well as providing support to the Global Tax team in New York on cross-border projects. The Head of International Tax reports to the International CFO and the Global Head of Tax.
The International Tax department works closely with other departments (e.g. Front Office business units, Finance, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Treasury, Operations and Human Resources) and external stakeholders including HMRC and external auditors, also working collaboratively with the Global Tax Department.
The International Tax Manager oversees, among other things, the preparation of direct tax returns, US reporting, transfer pricing reviews, conducting tax planning analyses and providing support to front office by reviewing new business proposals as they arise.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of International Tax.
The key responsibilities are:
- assist on projects (e.g. transfer pricing, group restructuring and assessment of opportunities for the wider group);
- assist with other business areas and corporate functions when required (e.g. conducting an initial assessment of new business proposals);
- review/prepare monthly current/deferred tax calculations and quarterly/annual reporting packages;
- review/prepare corporation tax computations and returns;
- liaising with Operations Tax as required;
- coaching and developing the International Tax Associate; and
- assisting the US tax team as required.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- a good team player, positive attitude and with strong communication skills;
- strong technical skills and keen to develop further;
- ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards;
- project management skills, plan and prioritise work and meet deadlines;
- must be a Qualified tax professional (CA/ACCA and/or CTA qualification) post qualification experience in the financial services industry; and
- relevant FS sector experience considered an asset.