As a Barclays Intraday Risk Developer, you will be part of Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology which is a demanding but very exciting team to work with. You will be involved in requirements analysis, software design and development, configuration, and testing activities across several high impact projects.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
- Developing and configuring risk calculations and other systems
- Developing automated testing solutions in conjunction with development teams across the bank
- Reconciling and explaining system outputs and coordinating review and signoff with stakeholders
- Working with the business, analysts, peers and project managers to understand and deliver requirements
- Documenting designs and communicating them with the other developers and the wider team
- Ensuring adherence to technical standards & SDLC including quality measures
What we’re looking for:
- Good level of C++ skills
- Demonstrated programming with .NET and Java
- Experience analysing business requirements and designing and driving the change required to deliver these requirements to the business
- Experience in a financial institution with exposure to Investment Banking, understanding of derivative products and financial market risk, especially in fixed income/foreign exchange
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proficiency with Microsoft technologies, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience with numerical analysis tasks, reviewing complex datasets and reconciliation/testing of numerical data
- Experience working with databases and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster working relationships with all stakeholders
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our office at 5 North Colonnade boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.