Coller Capital has grown rapidly since its formation in 1990 and is now one of the world's leading investors in private equity's secondary market - widely acknowledged as an innovator and a stand-out player at the complex end of secondaries. Summary:
As part of Coller's ongoing multi-product strategy, Coller are recruiting a proven Finance professional.
As an Investment Accountant, you will work closely within Finance's 50+ strong, collaborative and mutually supportive department, sitting within the Operations sub-function. The role will focus on supporting the recently formed Private Wealth division of the Coller platform. This will encompass a broad remit and will expose you to a diverse range of areas across Finance to ensure you have the opportunity to maximise your strengths. Responsibilities:
The role will require significant collaboration with the other sub-functions of Finance (primarily Investment Monitoring and Treasury & Fund Reporting) as well as external third-party service providers to achieve common goals. On a day-to-day basis you can expect to be responsible for the delivery of a variety of workstreams as detailed below.
- Daily monitoring of Coller internal document receipts to that of our administrators. Checking for accuracy with attention to detail, and ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Reviewing the weekly reconciliation between the Administrator's system and Coller's separately outsourced data capture function
- Day to day management of process timetables and ownership of key deliverables
- Collaborate with the Investment Monitoring Team for monthly valuation reporting. Run exception reports and analyse large data sets in order to problem-solve a variety of data integrity issues
- Oversight and review of all portfolio investments' underlying valuations, primarily from GP provided Capital Accounts, using sound judgement and interpretation
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure accuracy of any regulatory reporting
- Understanding and onboarding of new deals, to ensure smooth onboarding, especially around complex structures
- Establishing new processes and controls in the new Private Wealth platform, especially around monthly reporting and new administrator
- Part Qual or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Organisational and motivational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mindset
- Excel expertise
- Proven ability to meet deadlines working independently and as part of a team
- Experience of REITs
- Investment / Accounts experience
- Experience working for, or alongside Administrators / third-party providers
We are widely acknowledged as an innovator at the complex end of secondaries and with offices in London, Luxembourg, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing and Seoul, Coller has truly global reach. We are committed to advancing ESG initiatives and driving change across the private markets sector. Coller Capital has been awarded an A+ rating by the UNPRI across the board since 2018 and achieved climate neutral status in 2019. The Firm is a signatory of FAIRR, the Farm Animal Investment Risk and Return Initiative created by the Coller Foundation. Coller Capital was a founding signatory on ILPA's Diversity in Action initiative and we actively partner with Out Investors and #10000BlackInterns. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where individuals can develop their talent and express themselves as part of a high achieving team. As investors, we value diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experience and actively look for these qualities in candidates. Our investment team alone benefits from over 20 different nationalities. Please let us know if we can make any reasonable adjustments at interview in order to fully support and promote your talent.