To assist one or more Investment Managers in effective and efficient team support and client administration, including client portfolios.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- To assist in the production of investment proposals.
- Under supervision, to provide clients and/or their agents with information and reports about their portfolio.
- To ensure all duties and tasks are completed within all relevant rules, compliance regulations and in-house policies and procedures.
- To ensure all client relationships are properly documented on a timely basis, including checking that "Know Your Client" information is maintained.
- Main tasks and duties include:
- Answering phones, dealing with queries from clients and intermediaries, taking appropriate messages.
- Manage client mail-merges.
- Ensuring new accounts are opened in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the quarterly distributions of valuations for the entire client base as well as the yearly distribution of tax packages.
- Process client payments.
- Administration of deceased accounts.
- Arrange portfolio transfers.
- Process ISA subscriptions.
- Update databases with revised client details.
- Assist in the general administration of the team (post, room booking)
- Preparing reports, correspondence and other relevant documentation including Investment Proposals.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for client meetings.
- Prepare suitability letters and maintain affirmations.
- To assist in completing team record and forms and managing diaries.
- Client correspondence.
Key Behavioural Skills:
Attention To Detail
- Handles tasks with thoroughness and accuracy. Recognises and resolves errors.
- Communicates clearly, listens effectively. Written communication is concise and well presented, using appropriate grammar, style and language.
- Has technical knowledge appropriate to the role, including relevant computer systems and keeps this knowledge up to date.
- Effectively balances priorities to meet agreed deadlines for the Investment Manager. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
- Treats colleagues with professionalism and respect.
- Understands consequences of decisions and follows instructions.
- Acknowledges and learns from mistakes.
Corporate Focus And Behaviour
- Understands and applies current regulatory obligations and procedures to achieve compliance, including upholding TCF principles. Willingness to learn. Good operational knowledge of departmental processes.
Client Focus (Internal And External)
- Assists the team in developing and maintaining appropriate internal and external business relationships, using the appropriate communication method.
- Ideally educated to ‘A’ level standard, with IAD or similar professional qualification
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience within financial services is preferred.
- Commercially astute with excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage and influence at all levels across the business and the wider organisation.
- Confidence, drive, energy, resilience and tenacity to deliver success in a challenging business environment.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.