Rare opportunity to join one of the world’s leading infrastructure funds. As a result of continued success and ambitious growth plans, IFM Investors is looking for Analysts to join their Infrastructure Equity Investment Team in London.
IFM Investors is a global investment management firm with US$125 billion of funds under management across its four asset classes of Infrastructure, Debt Investments, Listed Equities and Private Equity.
IFM Investors is one of the few truly aligned fund managers in the world. Along with our owners – 23 world-leading pension funds – and other like-minded investors, we believe in the power of bold, long-term and sustainable investment commitments and strategies that aim to deliver results, which ultimately enhance people's retirement outcomes. We invest on behalf of 550+ like-minded institutions globally, including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, endowments, foundations and universities.
IFM Investors is also one of the largest Infrastructure investment managers globally with US$55 billion of assets under management and a portfolio of 33 investments across Europe, North America and Australia.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assist with the preparation and evaluation of investment proposals
- Assist with transaction due diligence and undertake financial analysis
- Undertake financial modelling
- Undertake market and sector research and analysis, providing updates to the group of any insights or developments
- Assist the group in monitoring and managing existing investments and implementing new initiatives as part of the investment plan
Support the analysis and reporting of the investment portfolio performance In terms of experience, successful candidates should have:
- Ideally a minimum of at least one year of professional experience working within Investment Banking, Corporate Finance or Consulting in a similar or relevant transferable role
- Demonstrable sector knowledge and an understanding of the Infrastructure sector
- Tertiary qualifications (degree or equivalent level) in Commerce, Economics, Finance, Law, Engineering or a related STEM field
- Experience and understanding of financial models, with experience constructing financial models a significant advantage
- Corporate Finance and/or mathematical knowledge and skills; and be able to demonstrate strong numerical capabilities
- Ability to interpret complex materials and prepare structured reports.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint