Investment Analyst - Intern (searching for one german and one english intern)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Part time
- Hillgate Capital
- 08 Jun 18 2018-06-08
Hillgate Capital LLP is a newly formed mid-market private equity firm focused on investing in companies headquartered in the UK and Germany with enterprise values between €5m and €50m. We are funded by entrepreneurs, executives and investors. We are a small, entrepreneurial team based in London and Frankfurt. Our partners have a variety of backgrounds including dedicated investment professionals with backgrounds in investment banking and private equity, CEOs and proven entrepreneurs with business building experience.
Hillgate is seeking 2 interns: one german speaker and one english speaker for summer 2018. Hillgate plans to make full time hires in summer 2019.
The internship will involve a hands-on learning experience with many of the core activities involved with running a start-up private equity firm. An Analyst should expect to develop fundamental knowledge of the process by which middle market companies are bought and sold. Analysts will also gain a working understanding of the industry participants involved in middle market transactions and the motivating factors driving their behaviour.
Details of Analyst Role - Intern
- Research and identify attractive industries based on Hillgate Capital’s investment criteria.
- Develop investment theses and an understanding of business models for selected industries.
- Production of emails/letters for targeted businesses.
- Review of confidential information on potential acquisitions; Business opportunity modelling.
- Participation in phone calls with investment bankers and business owners.
- Significant mentorship from Hillgate Capital’s Partner and weekly meetings to discuss progress.
- Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship.
- Hours per Week: 10-40 hours.
- Duration: up to 10 weeks.
The analyst intern role will mostly be conducted remotely.
Who Should Apply
- Highly motivated candidates who have a strong interest in the fields of investing, entrepreneurship and finance.
- Candidates who are curious, interested in how businesses work, have a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful and can think independently.
- Applicants should be fluent in German and English.