Investment Analyst, Leading Global Space-Tech Venture Fund, London, UK
With a focus on early-stage investments at Series A, this fund is looking for an Analyst to join the investment team in London. The fund itself has a fantastic track record with zero failures to date and an impressive portfolio. After raising their 180mm investment trust with plans to raise another, they are looking to expand the investment team and deploy this fresh capital.
This is a unique opportunity to join a pioneering fund with an incredible track record and invest in some of the most game-changing technologies of the future. RESPONSIBILITIES: Deal Origination:
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors
- Identify potential investment opportunities
- Track and push forward the deal flow generated by the team
- Drive due diligence processes and critically evaluate management teams, market opportunities, as well as technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities
- Analyse complex capital structures, value start-ups, build financial models to forecast investment returns, and compile and present investment memos to the investment committee
- Support deal execution including oversight of legal matters
- Support the senior team with their board governance tasks and help monitor operating milestones in the investment portfolio as well as performance vs. expectations
- Support portfolio companies in strategic and operating matters on an ad-hoc basis
- A genuine interest in Space technology.
- Candidates with degrees in aerospace, physics, engineering, computer science, AI and material science are of particular interest
- Good financial experience, most likely from investment banking, consultancy, technology/start-ups or other relevant sectors.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial mindset
- Intellectually curious and have good interpersonal skills
- Good at working to a high standard to deadlines
- Manage competing demands and prioritise